In Memory Of and In Celebration Of dongregg

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
gkmoberg1

In Memory Of and In Celebration Of dongregg

Post by gkmoberg1 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:04 am

I am sorry to bring this news but member dongregg passed away at the end of February, 2023. I've been able to confirm this with a relative, and that relative has said dongregg would have liked for us to know of his passing as this place meant much to him.

dongregg was a wonderful and dedicated member of our forum. At times he seemed to be our unofficial greeter. He was quick to welcome all the infected and curious who turned up year after year. His posts showed a sincere engagement in most every topic on the forum. He loved the discussions, had a good spirit and feisty sense of humor. He enjoyed the puzzles and followed our fan art/writing/video contributions with a passion. I believe he attended two showings of the LTROI play (New York and Texas?), at which several of the group met him personally. The writings he posted were a reflection of his love for the story and his anguish over the fate of little Eli and Oskar. As you know from his writings, dongregg truly sought to find the two a better place.

I am going to miss dongregg horribly. The discovery of his passing has been hard and it has been hard for me to get it together and write this. Yet, I so very much enjoyed the experience I had here bantering with him and learning his views on what was being discussed. His fanfics are treasures, each a dive into how he wanted to tackle the story's themes and conflicts. LTROI meant a lot to him, we all meant a lot to him, and while this is terrible news of our member, remember dongregg was here for the joy, the outreach, the sharing, and the community. He would have hugged the stuffing out of Eli if such were to be possible. There is much to celebrate in what dongregg gave us just as in what we gave to him. I wish him and his family peace.

Siggdalos

Re: In Memory Of and In Celebration Of dongregg

Post by Siggdalos » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:19 am

I was sad to hear this. I never got the chance to interact with dongregg much, and I haven't read much of what he's posted, but it seems to me he was always a cornerstone in creating a welcoming and appreciative atmosphere on the forum. RIP.
De höll om varandra i tystnad. Oskar blundade och visste: detta var det största. Ljuset från lyktan i portvalvet trängde svagt in genom hans slutna ögonlock, la en hinna av rött för hans ögon. Det största.

JToede

Post by JToede » Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:37 am

This is heartbreaking, I always enjoyed his post. :( :( :(
Veni, Vidi, volo in domum redire.

cmfireflies

Post by cmfireflies » Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:05 am

Very sorry to hear about dongregg. He will be missed.
"When is a monster not a monster? Oh, when you love it."

Return to “Off Topic”