Let The Right One In Fan Site Moving

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
Wolfchild

Let The Right One In Fan Site Moving

Post by Wolfchild » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:05 am

Some time in the next week, this web site will be moving to a new Internet Service Provider. To do that, I will take all of the messages and content from the old provider and move it to the new one, and at the same time tell the internet that let-the-right-on-in.com is now in a new place. When this happens, it may take a little while before before your device knows how to get to the new site (in other words it may take a day or two for the new DNS record to propagate to your DNS server). This means that there could be a gap between the time when I copy all of the messages from here, and the time when you are able to find the new site. Any new content that is posted at the old site after I take the copy will be lost because they will not make it over to the new site. To keep this from happening, I will place the site at the old provider into a static mode so that you will not be able to login. You will know that your device is finding the new provider when you are once again able to login.

At that point you will be safely on the train, and any parts of this site that are beloved to you will be in the box at your feet. :wub:
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

gkmoberg1

Re: Let The Right One In Fan Site Moving

Post by gkmoberg1 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:29 am

Just to be clear to everyone, the site will remain "let-the-right-one-in.com". You don't need to do anything. There might be a day up ahead where you find you cannot log in. If that happens, stay strong, don't panic, don't call Oskar's mom for help. Instead, take a daisy break, work on that Rubik's Cube you've got on the shelf behind you, try again here in a little while.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:57 am

Thanks, Woofy!
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

metoo

Post by metoo » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:12 am

These are good news indeed!
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:36 am

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

Siggdalos

Post by Siggdalos » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:07 pm

Thanks for the heads up. Will this mean any change in the status of the fan content section?
De höll om varandra i tystnad. Oskar blundade och visste: detta var det största. Ljuset från lyktan i portvalvet trängde svagt in genom hans slutna ögonlock, la en hinna av rött för hans ögon. Det största.

Wolfchild

Post by Wolfchild » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:48 am

Siggdalos wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:07 pm
Thanks for the heads up. Will this mean any change in the status of the fan content section?
Most definitely yes. It will be running with real moderation and version control, very closely mimicking a real CMS. ;) You should be able to access of the fan content area right now, here at the old provider. It is locked so that no one can add new content, just as the forum is soon to be locked, but you can view what is already there. A fully functional version is already up and running at the new provider under a temporary URL. I won't know for sure that all of the kinks are ironed out until the DNS actually points there, as the software (Drupal) can be finicky about what URL it is running on.
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

metoo

Post by metoo » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:23 am

Wolfchild wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:48 am
You should be able to access of the fan content area right now, here at the old provider. It is locked so that no one can add new content, just as the forum is soon to be locked, but you can view what is already there.
This is good news indeed!
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

andmker

Post by andmker » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:21 pm

Cool. Thanks for your hardwork and keeping all aspects of LTROI alive 🙂

...I'll probably still call Oscar's mum for help lol.

Return to “Off Topic”