Once Again, with Feeling!

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
Ingenting-ing

Once Again, with Feeling!

Post by Ingenting-ing » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:20 pm

What is this sound? This scintillation? This call...of the Infected? I've felt this before. Many times. Wait! It's that time of year again. Time once again to say --

:D HAPPY BIRTHDAY INTRIGE!!! :D

It seems like not that long ago that I would write "Wow, you're not a kid anymore!". At twenty-seven, wonder if I can ask, "Are you still young?" I don't know. Do you still feel young? Would love to hear your thoughts on that. And someday in the future, if this keeps up, maybe I'll be asking, "Are you...old?"

Hope you are having a wonderful birthday. And that year 27 is the best year yet! :-]
Är du här igen?

dongregg

Re: Once Again, with Feeling!

Post by dongregg » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:02 pm

Happy birthday, Trige!
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

intrige

Post by intrige » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:33 am

Thank you everyone!! And nice hearing from you Jordan,I am indeed still young, and even though I don't feel old just yet,I do feel wise in some ways, the burden of pain and mental illness made me so too young. But I am not too young anymore,and understand so much more. In my 24-5 year I felt myself calming down, and rooting myself in my ego, so I am calmer now,and less focused on my thoughts about things. As I now know how I think and feel about things are so limited and biased.I sort of understand now that I am a droplet in the sea,I feel it. I have worked a lot on myself,and it is starting to show, finally. The people I have chosen to have in my life are good, and even though 2020 wasn't the best year for anyone, I sure have learned a lot about myself this year!! One day I know,I will blink and be thirty,I'll blink again and be forty. I am happy to be born,and to still be alive. I don't think I'll ever feel old inside, but then again does anyone?
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

JToede

Post by JToede » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:38 am

intrige wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:33 am
but then again does anyone?
Mentally, emotionally not so much, physically-I feel ancient
Veni, Vidi, volo in domum redire.

Ingenting-ing

Post by Ingenting-ing » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:48 am

Hey Intrige. Thanks for your generous response to my question. Even when you were just 17, you had a lot of wisdom for your age. I like what you had to say about being young/not-young. Of course, young/old are only words. But the idea that when you have some life struggle it can make you younger -- that's a cool and unusual perspective. Hope your struggles are small and your joys are many this year!
Är du här igen?

Return to “Off Topic”