Until Summer Comes Around (vampire coming of age novel)

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
CyberGhostface

Until Summer Comes Around (vampire coming of age novel)

Post by CyberGhostface » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:20 pm

Haven’t started this yet but this is a coming of age vampire novel that sounds like it might appeal to people here.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1787583945/

When fifteen year old Rocky Zukas meets a mysterious dark-haired girl named November, his world is forever changed. The young couple falls under the spell of summer love, but not everyone approves. November’s brother, Gabriel, is the keeper of the family’s secret, and big brother is always watching, growing more sinister as his bloodlust gets the best of him. Directing his attention to Rocky’s family, Gabriel aims to make sure little sister knows who is in charge.
No banaaaanas?

danielmann861

Re: Until Summer Comes Around (vampire coming of age novel)

Post by danielmann861 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:35 pm

Well I decided to give this a shot and ordered a Hardcover from BookDepository while pre-ordering I Am The Tiger. Because I've been in a very reading mood lately and felt like something new. So I'll check back in once I've received and started reading.

Funny, I bought a Kindle last year and still have the urge to buy physical books. Go figure.

CyberGhostface

Post by CyberGhostface » Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:48 pm

Well it's been a while but I finally got around to reading it. It's alright. I was a bit underwhelmed as it's a fairly straightforward vampire story. Nothing like Let the Right One In.
No banaaaanas?

Siggdalos

Post by Siggdalos » Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:21 pm

The description makes it sound like little more than a bland ripoff of LTROI, if I'm honest.
De höll om varandra i tystnad. Oskar blundade och visste: detta var det största. Ljuset från lyktan i portvalvet trängde svagt in genom hans slutna ögonlock, la en hinna av rött för hans ögon. Det största.

CyberGhostface

Post by CyberGhostface » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:58 pm

It’s less like LTROI and more like something akin to Near Dark or The Lost Boys.
No banaaaanas?

Return to “Off Topic”