Abba!

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
johnajvide

Abba!

Post by johnajvide » Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:01 pm

Hi, all;

John here. Never wrote anything in this section before, but I just can´t contain myself. I am over the top excited about the fact that Abba is back. Two new songs just released and a full studio album coming in november. I´m a typical Swede in that I adore Abba. If you need proof, just look at the titles for my "Places"-trilogy or the end of Little Star. Don´t know if I told this before, but I actually got the rights to using the lyrics for "Thank you for the music" for Little star without having to pay anything. This is completely unique. Tomas Alfredsson told me that it is Björn Ulveus who deals personally with matters like that, so he must have liked the thought of setting words to a massacre. This only hightened my liking of Abba.
And the new songs are good! Classic Abba. I´m especially fond of "Don´t shut me down", don´t know how many times I´ve listened to that song already. Now I can do it without crying. That was not the case the first ten times. And the "Abbatars", the fact that these four 70+ have spent five weeks in body suits doing a full motion-captured concert that will be shown in a specially built arena, with themselves performing as holograms of their younger selves. To use a worn expression: just how cool is that?
I don´t think that I have ever been so blindly in love with a project, and I just needed to write about it somewhere.
Take care, you all.

John

Jameron

Re: Abba!

Post by Jameron » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:07 pm

I was just reading about that, it looks very cool indeed. I might just have to listen to the new album when it comes out.
"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

Return to “Off Topic”