A manga LTROI fans might like

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
CyberGhostface

A manga LTROI fans might like

Post by CyberGhostface » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:26 pm

I haven't read this yet but I've purchased the series and will try to read it soon. It sounds a bit similar to LTROI in that it deals with the relationship between a young outcast and a vampire.

Nothing interesting in happening in Makoto Ozaki's first year of high school. His life is a serise of quiet humiliations: low-grade bullies, unreliable friends, and the constant frustration of his adolescent lust. But one night, a pale, thin girl knocks him to the ground in an alley and offers him a choice. Now everything is different. Daylight is searingly bright. Food tastes awful. And worse than anything is the terrible, consuming thirst. The tiny shames of his old life have been replaced by two towering horrors: the truth of what will slake his awful craving, and high school itself.

https://www.comixology.com/Happiness/co ... ries/82130
No banaaaanas?

Jameron

Re: A manga LTROI fans might like

Post by Jameron » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:11 pm

It's really good, and pretty dark in places.

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

danielmann861

Post by danielmann861 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:24 pm

I've been reading Oshimi's other manga lately...Blood on the Tracks...a messed up story about a mother and her overbearing love for her son. It's very moody, minimal on dialog and just fascinatingly page turning as a whole.

So considering it's the same Manga-ka. If this anything like that then I'll gladly take a look into it.

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:17 am

danielmann861 wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:24 pm
I've been reading Oshimi's other manga lately...Blood on the Tracks...a messed up story about a mother and her overbearing love for her son. It's very moody, minimal on dialog and just fascinatingly page turning as a whole.

So considering it's the same Manga-ka. If this anything like that then I'll gladly take a look into it.
Chi no Wadachi has 106 translated chapters scanned on Mangatown as of October. Still more to come. The problem is if I get into a story I can read through it until I'm up to date and then get bored waiting for the next instalments. I did that with Happiness, ended up walking away from it until it was finished and read the whole thing again. I also did it with the tv show Denei Shojo (Video Girl), so it's not just reading where I have this issue. Guess I have an impatient addictive personality which is why I tend to avoid the latest thing (I still haven't watched Squid Game), 1st world problems, I know. :lol:

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

danielmann861

Post by danielmann861 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:58 pm

Jameron wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:17 am
danielmann861 wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:24 pm

Chi no Wadachi has 106 translated chapters scanned on Mangatown as of October. Still more to come. The problem is if I get into a story I can read through it until I'm up to date and then get bored waiting for the next instalments. I did that with Happiness, ended up walking away from it until it was finished and read the whole thing again. I also did it with the tv show Denei Shojo (Video Girl), so it's not just reading where I have this issue. Guess I have an impatient addictive personality which is why I tend to avoid the latest thing (I still haven't watched Squid Game), 1st world problems, I know. :lol:

Nah...I hear you...that usually tends to be me with TV shows and Anime...I just end up waiting for something to finish and then usually watch it all in one go. I much prefer just getting the full experience over waiting episodically.

I just want something with a beginning, middle and end. And the whole idea of watching TV week to week never filled that for me.

But there are some exceptions to that rule. Breaking Bad was an exception. Death Note was an exception (I was hooked on that show every week through fan subs when it was first airing). Some manga I'll wait for each new release.

Although, if you know where to look you can find Blood on the Tracks already completed in scanlation form...but wouldn't want to endorse piracy. But in all seriousness, I am liking Blood on the Tracks a whole bunch and have made it through 6 volumes already. It's got a real cinematic flair to it as it really is very minimal on dialog and more about building mood.

I knew about Happiness (I think it was already mentioned on this forum before) but still have yet to check it out in full. I think I bought like one or two volumes and never followed through with the rest (SEE! Same issue as above :D)

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:20 pm

I wish I had your way with manga. I'm sill crazy about Samurai Champloo. I have all 26 episodes.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Return to “Off Topic”