The Most Precious Thread -- Happy Birthday Intrige!

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
Ingenting-ing

The Most Precious Thread -- Happy Birthday Intrige!

Post by Ingenting-ing » Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:45 pm

Because I'm old, I have some really old clothing. Some if it, the fabric is starting to disappear on its own. So these clothes are weak and full of holes. But often, at the seams between this disappearing cloth, there is some thread remaining, still strong, like new.

Also, because I am old, I get to witness my own memories disappearing. Over the years I've been in many groups of people: Political, musical, educational, religious. And this one, this group of people infected by a story. In each case, the specific memories have become hazy. What was talked about, when, why?...I can't recall in detail. But also, in each case, something remains, which is the thread of human connection. It's the one strong thing, the one enduring thing of value. When I come back here and see names I recognize, I don't recall that person's opinion, or much of what they wrote about. But for so many, I know who they are. And seeing those names, it's like being among old friends. Those human connections -- they are the threads that remain even when the fabric of conversation has turned to mental dust.

Today I want to celebrate a thread of connection that I am always very grateful for. On this, her special day, I want to say...

:D :D :D HAPPY BIRTHDAY INTRIGE!!! :D :D :D

I hope you have a wonderful day, and celebrate your many threads of connection, to the good people in your life, who are always on your side.
Är du här igen?

intrige

Re: The Most Precious Thread -- Happy Birthday Intrige!

Post by intrige » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:57 pm

Thank you so much Jordan, i rememer you and gk and drakkar and many more pretty well actually. I have many fun moments to relay to you if you want to hear it.

I have had a pretty shit birthday. Our beloved cat threw up a little blood after puking a lot in 24hours. She's 11 years old and we thought this could be it, especially cause my dearest oldest friend lost her 2 yearold dog suddently just a week ago. Kitty is ok, but we have barely slept, been to the vet twice and had to forcefeed her special food all with few hours of sleep and oh yeah, we both have freakin corona so we could barely see anybody. This has been my worst birthday thus far, worse than in 8th grade when i threw a birthday party and no one showed. Im just happy our catbaby is gonna be ok. Now i will sleep.

Thank you so much for this thread, it helps so much and makes me so happy.
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

Ingenting-ing

Post by Ingenting-ing » Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:23 am

I'm so sorry you are sick with Covid, and that your cat is sick, too. We lost our very beloved cat recently, and it reminds me how much humans can love a non-human animal. It must be stressful. I hope that everyone makes a good recovery, and that you all can celebrate the birthday again a little bit late. You are sure in my thoughts.
Är du här igen?

cmfireflies

Post by cmfireflies » Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:36 pm

hey Intrige,

It may be weird to hear from an internet stranger, but I'm very sad that you're birthday wasn't good. You've been on this forum a while and your updates are always interesting. I hope the rest of your year is better
"When is a monster not a monster? Oh, when you love it."

intrige

Post by intrige » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:21 pm

Hi! On this forum I don't find it strange at all! Kitty is feeling much better now, she is on 2 easy meds, and other than that she is well and she is herself again. We don't have covid anymore. Life is getting good again :) I just figure I will be celebrating properly next year when I turn 30 (oh my god) :D :D :D :D
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

Return to “Off Topic”