Last DVD/Movie you bought or watched?

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
abner_mohl

Re: Last DVD/Movie you bought or watched?

Post by abner_mohl » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:35 pm

Centurion by Neil Marshall. Pretty good action flick set in Roman Britain. Saw it on VOD.

Microwave Jellyfish

Post by Microwave Jellyfish » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:43 pm

Troll 2 on a special "unwatchable movies that you must see!" screening (these kind of events are rare in Hungary, man, how I love this city already). First time I ever watched it, and it lived up to the hype. The audience was laughing and cheering half the time. Seriously, my best movie experience so far. :P
And we danced, on the brink of an unknown future, to an echo from a vanished past.

danielma

Post by danielma » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:08 am

It's DVD Time...For some reason I tend to buy a lot of DVD's and Blu Rays...I don't know why...because I'm a mad man I guess

Cries and Whispers

Fanny and Alexander

The Virgin Spring - Finally got around to finishing the Ingmar Bergman collection that sat stagnated for awhile there, local borders is clearing their DVD's, 3 for 25$ so I finally got around to getting the last 3 Bergman films I needed

A Prophet - Film I've been dying to see all year, nice and cheap, perfect time to snatch it up.

Now to Online Orders

Enter the Void - The Seriously Cool French Edition :) Can't wait to check out the 166min cut of the film, back at the Sydney Underground Film Festival we only got to see the 133 minute cut of the film. So I can't wait to see that missing reel

Let the Right One In - Finally put an order down from The Hut...can't wait to check out the new features on this disc

Back to the Future Trilogy (Blu Ray) - I rarely double dip...but for these movies I just can't say no

I'm a Cyborg, But That's Okay! (Blu Ray) - Seen it before at a Film Festival and absolutely loved it, been meaning to buy it to put in with the rest of the Park Chan Wook films

The Housemaid
My Blog: Toxic Culture
Neon Maniacs: Link

sweetgirl

Post by sweetgirl » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:30 pm

the ballard of jack and rose
nightmare on elm street

drakkar

Post by drakkar » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:38 pm

Festen
For the heart life is simple. It beats as long as it can.
- Karl Ove Knausgård

sweetgirl

Post by sweetgirl » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:15 am

SPLICE ;] <3

Wolfchild

Post by Wolfchild » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:21 pm

danielma wrote:Image
I'm a Cyborg, But That's Okay! (Blu Ray) - Seen it before at a Film Festival and absolutely loved it, been meaning to buy it to put in with the rest of the Park Chan Wook films.
This is near the top of my current list of films that I want to see. None of the rental places have ever heard of it. :(
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

covenant6452

Post by covenant6452 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:56 pm

First I just watched this one...not too bad!

Now I watch this!
Du måste bjuda in mig...or else!

Struan

Post by Struan » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:25 pm

danielma wrote: Image
Let the Right One In - Finally put an order down from The Hut...can't wait to check out the new features on this disc
Whoa, I had never seen that cover before. A definite improvement over the last one, IMO. I'm linking to the enlarged version because I found the text in the silver sticker interesting ;)

EDIT: A 40-minute featurette called "The Phenomenon of Let the Right One In"??? Please report back when you get this!
Last edited by Struan on Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a gloomy empty land, with dreary hills ahead.

Struan

Post by Struan » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:27 pm

By the way, last movie watched -- Glengarry Glen Ross. Such a perfect little thing.
In a gloomy empty land, with dreary hills ahead.

Return to “Off Topic”