accusation

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
TigerEyes

accusation

Post by TigerEyes » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:36 pm

a friend has noticed that liked "let the right one in." he also accuses me of pedophilia because of two kids who were sleeping together, one scene with the crotch shot, and more. i feel sick to my stomach. i'm not sure if anyone was accused of this really.
Run, and you might live.
Stay, and you might die.
However, nothing is certain.

Come visit my blog where i write stuff of Vampires, including Let the right one in, http://godlessvampire.blogspot.com/

a_contemplative_life

Re: accusation

Post by a_contemplative_life » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:19 am

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:45 am

TigerEyes wrote:a friend has noticed that liked "let the right one in." he also accuses me of pedophilia because of two kids who were sleeping together, one scene with the crotch shot, and more. i feel sick to my stomach. i'm not sure if anyone was accused of this really.
Doesn't sound like a friend to me...sound more like an idiot. :shock:
http://www.aspca.org/

Visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/WeTheInfected

Nobody understands...and of course...how could they?

TigerEyes

Post by TigerEyes » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:57 am

Nightrider wrote:
TigerEyes wrote:a friend has noticed that liked "let the right one in." he also accuses me of pedophilia because of two kids who were sleeping together, one scene with the crotch shot, and more. i feel sick to my stomach. i'm not sure if anyone was accused of this really.
Doesn't sound like a friend to me...sound more like an idiot. :shock:
yeah indeed. there's a lot of things in films that we may not liked, but just because we watch them doesn't make us like some gross people.
Run, and you might live.
Stay, and you might die.

Come visit my blog where i write stuff of Vampires, including Let the right one in, http://godlessvampire.blogspot.com/

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:00 am

TigerEyes wrote:
yeah indeed. there's a lot of things in films that we may not liked, but just because we watch them doesn't make us like some gross people.
Agreed.
http://www.aspca.org/

Visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/WeTheInfected

Nobody understands...and of course...how could they?

JToede

Post by JToede » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:05 am

a_contemplative_life wrote:No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
- Eleanor Roosevelt
I thought it was from "Princess Diaries" but it is true.
I'm confused me, 2 kids (Oskar and Eli) who are 12yrs old sleeping in the same bed (sleeping defined as " a period of rest for the body and mind, during which volition and consciousness are in abeyance and bodily functions are partially suspended" and not "engaging in sexual activity") isn't pedo-bear stuff. Tell your friend "to cease and desist being deliberately intellectually challenged" (as in: "insert friends name, don't be stupid") then feel free to slap him upside the head :twisted:
Veni, Vidi, volo in domum redire.

gattoparde59

Post by gattoparde59 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:23 am

Don't let it worry you. Your friend is being really ignorant.

I'll break open the story and tell you what is there. Then, like the others that have fallen out onto the sand, I will finish with it, and the wind will take it away.

Nisa

TigerEyes

Post by TigerEyes » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:24 am

gattoparde59 wrote:Don't let it worry you. Your friend is being really ignorant.
yeah he is. of course, he is upset over films that are violent, really violent as well. I may understand where he's coming from, considering i know his pain he went through. Still, it was despicable to be accused.
JToede wrote:
a_contemplative_life wrote:No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
- Eleanor Roosevelt
I thought it was from "Princess Diaries" but it is true.
I'm confused me, 2 kids (Oskar and Eli) who are 12yrs old sleeping in the same bed (sleeping defined as " a period of rest for the body and mind, during which volition and consciousness are in abeyance and bodily functions are partially suspended" and not "engaging in sexual activity") isn't pedo-bear stuff. Tell your friend "to cease and desist being deliberately intellectually challenged" (as in: "insert friends name, don't be stupid") then feel free to slap him upside the head :twisted:
exactly, when i watch the bedroom scene, i see it like a parent who watches their kid sleep in bed, "how cute." Not some creepy pervert. Also, the crotch shot was done for the intent of telling us that something horrid happened.
Run, and you might live.
Stay, and you might die.

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:55 am

Some people just find these aspects of LTROI disturbingly provocative, and there doesn't seem to be much reasoning that one can do with them to change their attitudes. It has elsewhere been said that LTROI is a kind of mirror and that what people see in it is a reflection of who they are. I think that applies here.

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:07 pm

I agree with everyone here, don't let it worry you. It seems to be your 'friends' problem, not yours.

One word of advice ... don't tell him you've read the book :o :lol:

PS. this quote supplied by ACL is very very true; "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

Return to “Off Topic”