accusation

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
drakkar

Re: accusation

Post by drakkar » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:03 pm

TigerEyes wrote:a friend has noticed that liked "let the right one in." he also accuses me of pedophilia because of two kids who were sleeping together, one scene with the crotch shot, and more. i feel sick to my stomach. i'm not sure if anyone was accused of this really.
gattoparde59 wrote:Don't let it worry you. Your friend is being really ignorant.
Yes, he is astonishingly ignorant. An interesting casus.
For the heart life is simple. It beats as long as it can.
- Karl Ove Knausgård

intrige

Post by intrige » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:15 pm

actually he should read the book, then he could set apart romantical feelings and sexual feelings, since Oskar and håkan has houge emotonal contrasts.
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:22 am

intrige wrote:actually he should read the book, then he could set apart romantical feelings and sexual feelings, since Oskar and håkan has houge emotonal contrasts.
I'm guessing that you mean TigerEye's 'friend' should read the book?

I think someone that can't handle the film and its non-existent paedophilia, would be completely repulsed by the book (and its dealings with actual paedophilia). I don't think it would help TigerEye's situation at all.

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

TigerEyes

Post by TigerEyes » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:17 pm

Jameron wrote:
intrige wrote:actually he should read the book, then he could set apart romantical feelings and sexual feelings, since Oskar and håkan has houge emotonal contrasts.
I'm guessing that you mean TigerEye's 'friend' should read the book?

I think someone that can't handle the film and its non-existent paedophilia, would be completely repulsed by the book (and its dealings with actual paedophilia). I don't think it would help TigerEye's situation at all.

nope, i agree that it won't. anyway, thanks everyone.
Run, and you might live.
Stay, and you might die.
However, nothing is certain.

Come visit my blog where i write stuff of Vampires, including Let the right one in, http://godlessvampire.blogspot.com/

lombano

Post by lombano » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:52 pm

My sympathies, TigerEyes. It's due to this sort of thing that I've talked about this film with very few people IRL - I don't want the aggravation, esp. as a single, childless adult male.
Bli mig lite.

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:03 pm

My sympathies, as well.

You say you know this person's pain, implying that you understand at least partially where these accusations come from. Accusations of paedophilia on such a flimsy basis (in the movie) are hard to imagine, and I'd suggest come from a hypersensitivity arising from some kind of trauma. It doesn't help that paedophilia seems to have replaced religion, "normal" extramarital sex and political affiliation as points of moral hysteria. Like Lombano, it's extremely rare I'll discuss the movie with anybody in real life because of the two major characters; I'd have to trust that the people I'd share it with have perspective, horizons and an ability to abstain from snap judgement.

Try to understand that you aren't a so-and-so just because somebody says so.
Fais tomber les barrières entre nous qui sommes tous des frères

Son of Gray

Post by Son of Gray » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:16 am

That sucks. Your friend shouldve asked you what about the movie you like so much instead of making a rash accusation like that. Though you shouldnt have to defend your liking of a great story. Im sure theyll come around.

Ive had to kinda chill out on talking about it around friends. I can just see that, sideways, look they give me in my peripheral. i think theyre just tired of me talking about it ALL the time though.
:)

TigerEyes

Post by TigerEyes » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:39 am

lombano wrote:My sympathies, TigerEyes. It's due to this sort of thing that I've talked about this film with very few people IRL - I don't want the aggravation, esp. as a single, childless adult male.
yeah, i'm pretty much a single, childless adulkt male myself. I don't normal discuss things with people about this film much.
sauvin wrote:My sympathies, as well.

You say you know this person's pain, implying that you understand at least partially where these accusations come from. Accusations of paedophilia on such a flimsy basis (in the movie) are hard to imagine, and I'd suggest come from a hypersensitivity arising from some kind of trauma. It doesn't help that paedophilia seems to have replaced religion, "normal" extramarital sex and political affiliation as points of moral hysteria. Like Lombano, it's extremely rare I'll discuss the movie with anybody in real life because of the two major characters; I'd have to trust that the people I'd share it with have perspective, horizons and an ability to abstain from snap judgement.

Try to understand that you aren't a so-and-so just because somebody says so.
yeah i know i am not. it's truly hurtful and offensive to be accused, considering that i would have never bothered with the book or the film if it wasn't for the two young characters i can relate to. basically i knew him for a couple of months now. He basically hates extreme violence and some horrid stuff like the pedophilia. I do too though. he basically couldn't understand why i watch movies like this. Basically, i'm glad this film doesn't show any pedophilic stuff as in the book.
Son of Gray wrote:That sucks. Your friend shouldve asked you what about the movie you like so much instead of making a rash accusation like that. Though you shouldnt have to defend your liking of a great story. Im sure theyll come around.

Ive had to kinda chill out on talking about it around friends. I can just see that, sideways, look they give me in my peripheral. i think theyre just tired of me talking about it ALL the time though.
yeah i know what you mean. sometimes some people can get very disgusted or just don't like it. which is fine, but not alright to insult me.
Run, and you might live.
Stay, and you might die.
However, nothing is certain.

Come visit my blog where i write stuff of Vampires, including Let the right one in, http://godlessvampire.blogspot.com/

Wolfchild

Post by Wolfchild » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:53 am

It's a shame that your friend must see everything through a sexual lens. He must see sexuality even in the innocent love between two children. However, his twisted vision doesn't have to drive out the beauty that you (and the rest of us) have found in this film. Perhaps your friend should be told about the things that you have found in this film, and that he shouldn't be trying to take them from you.

In this life, take the beauty where ever you can find it. Lord knows, there is too often precious little of it.
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

Kitsune

Post by Kitsune » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:55 pm

Yes I know this was a while ago, things been changing for me but I'm back and I agree. I think it's sad how people can be so blind. This"friend" is no longer in my life thankfully and I am not going to let their ignorance control me.

Return to “Off Topic”