Chloë Moretz role in Netflix film Brain On Fire

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
gkmoberg1

Chloë Moretz role in Netflix film Brain On Fire

Post by gkmoberg1 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:05 am

I've seen the Netflix movie 'Brain On Fire' ( https://www.netflix.com/title/80128245 ) with Chloë Grace Moretz holding the role of the films protagonist. Has anyone else? Would like to talk about it but don't want to drop any spoilers.

dongregg

Re: Chloë Moretz role in Netflix film Brain On Fire

Post by dongregg » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:59 am

Well, GK, I'm thinking that this is a role she can really sink her teeth into. Oh. Sorry. I mean, a chance to show her chops as an actress. :think:
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:02 am

Hi GK.I've seen it and liked it.A true story apparently.She really has a varied body of work.I think she started acting in the womb. :lol: Although she doesn't even come close to Lina.Maybe that's the difference between the two.Chloe plays a part but Lina is the part. :think:
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

CyberGhostface

Post by CyberGhostface » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:20 pm

I remember when people were acting like she was the next big thing and now she's dropped off the radar almost completely.
No banaaaanas?

danielmann861

Post by danielmann861 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:02 am

CyberGhostface wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:20 pm
I remember when people were acting like she was the next big thing and now she's dropped off the radar almost completely.
Well I guess that's what happens when everything you star in under performs at the box office. ;) Hollywood ain't going to give a damn if you can't draw money.

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:42 am

Yep.If it makes money you're a star but if you don't you're a bum.I had heard that she was going to give up acting and concentrate on her clothing line.Sounds like a death knell to me. :think:
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:26 pm

ltroifanatic wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:42 am
Yep. If it makes money you're a star but if you don't you're a bum. I had heard that she was going to give up acting and concentrate on her clothing line. Sounds like a death knell to me. :think:
Glad that Katherine Hepburn didn't take that route during the years when she was box office poison! :D
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Tom

Post by Tom » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:35 am

The interesting thing about Chloe is that she's in a lot of movies, many of which have similar themes like teen's problem, family stuff, therefore her performance may feel a bit familiar.

Anyway, she' s in a new film called "The Miseducation of Cameron Post", which won the top prize at Sundance earlier this year, and has been getting great reviews ever since, so you never know. :)

Return to “Off Topic”