Forum Outage

Place for topics not directly related to LTROI. This is not an invitation to spam. >:-|
sauvin

Re: Forum Outage

Post by sauvin » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:20 am

Thank deity!
Fais tomber les barrières entre nous qui sommes tous des frères

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:10 am

Phew, starting to get a bit worried there.

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:51 pm

Thanks again, Wolfchild for rescuing these hallowed grounds for all of us.
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

Wolfchild

Post by Wolfchild » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:34 pm

The ISP where this site is hosted had shut down all SQL database access. This forum, the Fan Content area, and my own LTROI site each run form an SQL database back end. It is not clear why they shut sown database access, nor what criteria they are using to restore it. The owner of the business that donates the web space for these sites has finally brow beaten the ISP into restoring most of the database access. However, the Fan Content area is still down with no ETA for its return.

I expect to spend some time in the coming months to find a new home for these sites. :evil:
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:03 pm

Woofy, you are a true stalwart. :wub:
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

cmfireflies

Post by cmfireflies » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:20 am

Yay. the forum is back. I was afraid that the COVID monster got to Wolfy.

Also, did you know that this site no longer appears on Google if you search for We the Infected?
"When is a monster not a monster? Oh, when you love it."

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:25 am

Actually, since I'm on Windows 7, the Internet feels like shifting sand under my feet. :(
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:05 am

cmfireflies wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:20 am
Yay. the forum is back. I was afraid that the COVID monster got to Wolfy.

Also, did you know that this site no longer appears on Google if you search for We the Infected?
Actually it does if you put it in quotes. Otherwise what you get is lists of COVID and Pandemic sites.
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:22 am

For the benefit of those who rely on email notifications of new topics and/or replies, the discussion forum seems to be back in business for the time being. The fan content area is still down with what appears to be a php (server-side programming) syntax error, or maybe a bad parameter.

While traffic might not be what it once was, a few die-hard fans like myself remain resolute in keeping that torch lit... and equally resolutely addicted. I think quite a few of us will breathe so much more easily when the site is moved to a more stable and well-managed host.

Carpe noctem, I say, et memento vivere!
Fais tomber les barrières entre nous qui sommes tous des frères

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:37 pm

Great that this part is working!

I'm urgently anticipating the return of the fan fiction edit capability. Set Me As a Seal upon Your Heart has more than a year of changes I'd like to make available.

Meanwhile, Google Translate will soon only work with a password. Just one more thing for these old fingers to fumble.

Return to “Off Topic”