Cold Part 3: Sacrifice

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
epicfan84

Cold Part 3: Sacrifice

Post by epicfan84 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:36 am

This is coming almost six years after Part 2! Sorry I made ya wait so long! I whipped this up pretty quickly just so I could get back to sharing stories with you great people.

I would highly suggest reading Part 1 and 2 which I will link below. Always happy to receive constructive comments and pats on the back :)

Part 1: http://www.let-the-right-one-in.com/for ... =12&t=9110

Part 2: http://www.let-the-right-one-in.com/for ... =12&t=9147
"Real love is to offer your life at the feet of another"

epicfan84

Re: Cold Part 3: Sacrifice

Post by epicfan84 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:38 am

Rebekka sat up. She winced in pain as her lower back ached.

“I’m too damn young for this,” Rebekka thought, and perhaps she was right. Her face looked of 20, but her years on the dreadful planet summed to 40. Still, she rolled herself out of the dark, makeshift bed she had fashioned from a few cardboard boxes and Dollarstore sheets.

“Rikhard, up and at ‘em, sweetie.”

Rebekka owed Rikhard a lifetime of care for the horrors she had inflicted upon him.

+

A boy. A baby boy.

That late night in a bar. She needed to feel close to someone after years of feeling nothing at all. Trauma was all she had known since that night of October 1981, but this beautiful child would be the person she’d forever be tied to.

Rebekka cried as she looked down at Rikhard. The overhead light gleamed so perfectly off his forehead.

For once, she felt relief.

+

“Mommy loves you Rikhard, mommy loves you more than you could ever know.”

Rebekka sobbed loudly as she knew what would come next. What choice did she have? This child could not be raised normally because he did not have a normal mother.

Perhaps the genetic lottery decided best? He miraculously could walk out in sunlight. Her dread was not shared by him.

“Can you take this for mommy? It’ll make you sleep really well!”

Rebekka handed her son a vial of purple liquid. It tasted of grape, his favorite.

Rikhard quickly began squinting his eyes, looking ready to sleep for the next day entirely.

Now sobbing uncontrollably, Rebekka was no longer sure.

This is my boy. After my favorite star. Am I really…

Rebekka gathered herself and arranged the medical supplies.

Deep breaths.

She let out a wail and no sooner pressed her teeth into the neck of her son. As his blood ran down her throat she could still taste her own salty tears as they slowly trickled in.

She stopped as soon as she could, bandaging him up and applying enough pressure to stop the bleeding.

My boy… My star… My Rikhard…

+

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:14 am

Thank you. You're quite a writer!
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

epicfan84

Post by epicfan84 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:50 pm

Thanks so much :) It was so fun entering the world of LTROI after so long.

Return to “Fan Fiction”