Once Bitten

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
Galudan

Re: Once Bitten

Post by Galudan » Tue May 15, 2012 3:31 am

So ACL when you gonna start on another Story? Its been awhile sense you finished The Hunters.

Zeb

Post by Zeb » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:12 pm

Ater spending almost a week i've just finished it and....i loved it. :D

Quite dark in places where it goes into vivid details,but equally also touching and tender.I really enjoyed reading this. Score this 10/10.
Do or not do-there is no try.
Master Yoda

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:15 pm

Zeb wrote:Ater spending almost a week i've just finished it and....i loved it. :D

Quite dark in places where it goes into vivid details,but equally also touching and tender.I really enjoyed reading this. Score this 10/10.
Thanks! A "labor of love"... maybe I'll re-read it now... ;)

Zeb

Post by Zeb » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:10 am

a_contemplative_life wrote:
Thanks! A "labor of love"... maybe I'll re-read it now... ;)
The ending really wasnt what i was expecting and may seem like they've voluntarily imprisoned themselves,but since neither want to continue killing this lifestyle is a fair trade off.The only thing i would like to have known was how Oskars parents dealt with knowing what he had become and if they ever visited them.Did they shun him or did Oskar maybe not want to see them incase he thought they'd hate him for what he now was? I liked the twist at the beginning where Ellie accidently bit Oskar so his turning wasnt by consent and how his inner battle was between survival and not doing anyone any harm.

I can see why the need for security at the end though because obviously immortality is probably the one thing many humans crave and i suppose some wouldnt think twice about infecting themselves if it meant they could live forever.

I know i've said it before,but there genuinly is some very talented writers on this site and i feel honoured to have read some of them.
Do or not do-there is no try.
Master Yoda

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:01 pm

Galudan wrote:So ACL when you gonna start on another Story? Its been awhile sense you finished The Hunters.
Yes!

This would be awesome. I really enjoyed reading your stories, ACL.

*we need a 'puppy-dog eyes' smiley*

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

intrige

Post by intrige » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:53 pm

Like this:
Yeeeesssss.. Please.
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:18 pm

intrige wrote:Like this:
Yeeeesssss.. Please.
Perfect :D

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

Takashi

Post by Takashi » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:22 pm

Thank you for this. I cannot imagine how much work it took you to write all that. It took me longer to read than the book did. Good stuff. :mrgreen:

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:20 am

Takashi wrote:Thank you for this. I cannot imagine how much work it took you to write all that. It took me longer to read than the book did. Good stuff. :mrgreen:
Thank you, and I'm glad you enjoyed it. There is alot of great FF here to explore. Welcome to the forum.

pantsonparade

Post by pantsonparade » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:22 am

a_contemplative_life wrote:
rgh wrote:I intended to ask this a while back and kept forgetting. What did Oskar forget during his long sleep? The sadness it caused indicates it was important to him.
I never actually had to work out the details of that. But I had thought that he had lost a part of his childhood memories.
When I read this I thoguht you had in mind a very personal memory of theirs that he had forgotten. Perhaps when Oskar gave Eli the Rubiks Cube, or when he first hugged her. It's hard for me to imagine that it was just a childhood memory given Oskar's reaction and the look on Eli's face

This was the first fan fic I've read and it did not disappoint good job, I felt like this was a continuation by JAL himself.

Return to “Fan Fiction”