The Dawson Family

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
DMt.

Re: The Dawson Family

Post by DMt. » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:01 pm

How very much we long to see Eli delivered from the utter desolation and lostness of a vampyr's existence!

What mental and emotional effort has gone into, and is still going into, all these stories.

Why, it's enough to... to... excuse me, I just have to <walks off quickly, looking for handkerchief>

WhiteBackground

Post by WhiteBackground » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:03 pm

Thank you Pete. This was amazingly sweet.
"The one with enough courage and patience to dare gaze all his life into the darkness will be the first one to see in it a glimmer of light" (c)

lombano

Post by lombano » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:40 am

Poor Oskar, I could totally relate to his reaction regarding Hannah's offer. I'm glad things didn't go down that route, and also that Hannah wasn't an artificial clone. I think the implants and so on would be a bumpy ride for Eli, but also that it would be a case of no pain, no gain.

Thanks for the story, Pete! Hannah in particular was a lot of fun.
Bli mig lite.

rgh

Post by rgh » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:30 am

Kalmah wrote:Hmm.. 25 chapters + epilogue? Seems like I have alot of homework to do :D
Actually, you need to start with Coming in from the Cold http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancont ... n-the-cold It is Pete's lead in to the Dawson Family. (12 Chapters)

WhiteBackground

Post by WhiteBackground » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:56 am

Pete, did it occur to you that your Hannah is actually quite like real life Lina? :-)
"The one with enough courage and patience to dare gaze all his life into the darkness will be the first one to see in it a glimmer of light" (c)

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:29 am

WhiteBackground wrote:Pete, did it occur to you that your Hannah is actually quite like real life Lina? :-)
Well, if you look at the really high resolution promo picture of Lina as Eli in the famous green sweater where her head is resting on her hands, you'll notice a freckle between her eyes and another larger one on the left side of her chin. ;) Just like Hannah -- and Eli, of course.

And certainly, what little we know about the real Lina, i.e. her kind reply to Covey's great picture, and her beautiful smiling face in her interviews and her obvious enthusiasm for life, has to have had some effect on Hannah's personality. ;) ;)

But actually, Hannah was inspired by one of my younger twin sisters (not identical) who, as a young girl, couldn't bring herself to step on ants or kill any kind of life...even weeds. We had to catch any spiders she found in the house and put them outside, rather than kill them. Sometimes a real inconvenience! :shock:
Last edited by PeteMork on Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

Kalmah

Post by Kalmah » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:13 pm

rgh wrote:
Kalmah wrote:Hmm.. 25 chapters + epilogue? Seems like I have alot of homework to do :D
Actually, you need to start with Coming in from the Cold http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancont ... n-the-cold It is Pete's lead in to the Dawson Family. (12 Chapters)
Thank you, would've been most unfortunate if I would've missed that.
Hiding behind the empty smiles

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:07 pm

lombano wrote:Poor Oskar, I could totally relate to his reaction regarding Hannah's offer. I'm glad things didn't go down that route, and also that Hannah wasn't an artificial clone. I think the implants and so on would be a bumpy ride for Eli, but also that it would be a case of no pain, no gain.

Fifteen years ago, such an implant would have been unthinkable. Even today if they had one in the incubator ready to go, it would be an almost impossible feat. There would definitely be many obstacles ahead for Eli.
moonvibe34 wrote:What a wonderful ending Pete! I must say I was beginning to doubt Gudmunds intentions. Shame on me. You've given Oskar and Eli, along with the rest of the Dawson bunch (Hannah included of course), a truly happy ending, or should I say beginning. :D
Thanks, Moon. Gudmund did have a dark side, so crossing that line was certainly something he might have done in this case, if he could have.
DMt. wrote:How very much we long to see Eli delivered from the utter desolation and lostness of a vampyr's existence!

What mental and emotional effort has gone into, and is still going into, all these stories.

Why, it's enough to... to... excuse me, I just have to <walks off quickly, looking for handkerchief>
Well I can’t loan you one of mine. They’re all used up. Thanks, DMt.
Kalmah wrote:Thank you, would've been most unfortunate if I would've missed that.
And you’ll have the added advantage of not having to wait for additions week after week. Good luck on your endeavor. :D
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

lombano

Post by lombano » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:36 pm

PeteMork wrote:
lombano wrote:Poor Oskar, I could totally relate to his reaction regarding Hannah's offer. I'm glad things didn't go down that route, and also that Hannah wasn't an artificial clone. I think the implants and so on would be a bumpy ride for Eli, but also that it would be a case of no pain, no gain.

Fifteen years ago, such an implant would have been unthinkable. Even today if they had one in the incubator ready to go, it would be an almost impossible feat. There would definitely be many obstacles ahead for Eli.
Yes, but apart from the technical difficulties, having strange organs implanted inside her, etc would not be trivial pyschologically.
Bli mig lite.

God of Vampires

Post by God of Vampires » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:19 am

I don't think anything could make life better for Eli now :D Gudmund have made something legendary, combining the best traits of vampirism with humanity. If they indeed suceed to give Eli back her wings and powers, with nothing of the negative about being a vampire, if they can make these things hereditary, passing these traits to the next generation. He has truly created a new species, the most beautiful one imaginable. I can see before my eyes the children of Oskar and Eli, angelic, with wings and all ;) .

PS
When the researchers mentioned that they would "restore" Eli from the damage caused by Gudmund's father, I though you meant turning her into a boy again, what would Oskar think of that :lol: (Probably he would not care ;) ) . But how are making her into a true girl "restoring" Eli? Its more like the Törnkvist family are responsible of actually making Eli into a girl now ;) .

At the end of all this, just one things left to say; Eli, I love you, and yeah, I will try to treat you better in my fanfiction from now on ;)
"I think Eli, just as me, is a fan of multicoloured equines. You need this to get through an eternity of bloodshed."
_God of Vampires/Prince Darkmoon, Proud infected, proud brony.

Return to “Fan Fiction”