Becoming the hunter chapter one pt2

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
Kenny

Becoming the hunter chapter one pt2

Post by Kenny » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:14 am

I will be posting through the fan fic section soon.

I have edited these fan fic a little, also i have made pt1 & 2 into 1chapter called becoming the hunter
I have made a full new chapter aswell, called the hunt continues

Becoming the hunter: chapter one part 2

The streets were empty except for the few cars that drove by. It was a good hour’s walk to where the victim was drained of her blood.
It was the second murder in as many nights.
Or so it was said by the Göteborg media.

He wondered what he would do if he ran into the vampire that killed the woman last night.
The creature should still be around in the area, or so he hoped.
His knuckles whitened as he tightened the grip on the hilt of the jagged edged knife.

But what would he do if he actually ran into the thing?
He had never asked Eli how a vampire could be killed; he didn’t think it would be appropriate to ask his girlfriend the ways she, or others like her could die.

So Oskar started to think about the movies he had seen and then remembered something.
Crosses and bibles for starters, they didn’t do anything, because Eli actually enjoyed reading the bible and in their apartment hung a cross above the door.
It never bothered her; she even straightened it when it hung crooked so he figured that holy water wouldn’t do a damn thing either.

A wooden stake through the heart, he dismissed that idea immediately because it just would be too ridiculous.
Decapitation, sunlight and fire, these things he was certain would do the trick.
Bleed them out wouldn’t kill them either, but it should probably weaken them.
So if he gutted them it should at least slow them down, maybe enough to cut their heads off.

But would he be fast enough? Eli was very fast, especially when she had just fed, and very strong. Vampires had powers beyond the reach of men, and he was merely a fifteen year old boy.
Oskar dismissed all these negative thoughts from his mind, it didn’t matter, when the time came, he would know what to do.

He arrived at a rather large and wide street. The rain clattered against the buildings and the water splashed up from the many puddles that covered the ground. He looked in the ally where the corpse was found.
The place was dark and eerie. A lot of debris covered the ground, from empty cans, newspapers and cardboard.
The police tape still hung between a lamppost and a dumpster.

Oskar knelt down on one knee next to the dumpster and studied the place where he knew the victim was killed.
Because of the rain not a single track or sing could be found.
He went back up to the main street and scanned the area.

Across the street, about fifty feet down, was the entrance to a park.
Maybe he would have more luck in there.
After about a long two hours of searching he still found nothing, yet, something was out of place. A feeling of uneasiness crept up on him.
He was being watched.

Unwillingly he grinned as he pulled out his knife and held it close to his chest with the blade aimed down.
“I know you’re out here you bastard.” He muttered softly under his breath. He stood there for several minutes, nothing happened.

Oskar placed the blade on the palm of his hand and slit down in his flesh. The blood started to run out of his clenched fist and dript on the grass.
“Come on, show yourself.”
There was a crack from a twig coming from behind him. Oskar turned slowly to face whatever stood behind him.

He gazed directly into the dark eyes of an elderly man, deep in his fifties. His hair was curly and black. Several curls were sticking to its wrinkled face due to the rain.
It stood before Oskar dressed like a vagabond.
Tattered clothes and a long dirty grey trench coat covered its tall and slim body.
It hissed as it saw the blood dripping from Oskar’s while liking its lips.

The corner of Oskar’s mouth curled into a grin.
This took the creature by surprise, this little boy isn’t running away screaming, he didn’t even sense fear coming from the boy.
“Where’s Eli?” The vampire laughed and then started to realise what was going on.
This little boy had lost somebody and considered himself a hunter.

The stomach of the vampire started to roar as Oskar opened his fist a small inch, letting more blood drip onto the ground.
“Where’s the bastard that took her, you know where he is, and you are going to tell me.”
The vampire cautiously stepped closer towards Oskar and started to circle around him like a shark.
Oskar didn’t move.

The vampire stopped as it was right behind Oskar’s back, only ten feet away from him.
“You will never find the master, because I will kill you right where you stand boy. You should have stayed with your mommy.”
A tear ran down Oskar’s cheek and for a second his eyes closed again.

Oskar entered their apartment, carrying bags of groceries.
Eli stood before him, her eyes filled with sadness and she walked over to Oskar and pulled him close to her.

“I’m so sorry love, I’m so very sorry.” Oskar, appreciating the hug, didn’t have a clue what Eli was talking about.
Did she kill anybody, was she discovered, did they had to move again?
“Eli what…?”
“It’s your mother.” Eli paused a second and placed her hand on his cheek, stroking it gently.
“Oskar she’s dead.” Oskar’s heart stopped beating, everything froze inside of him, he felt numb.

The bags fell to the ground and Oskar just blankly stared out in front of him.
Eli hugged him closer to her, but got no reply from Oskar, his arms hanging limb to his side.

“Wha…? How…? When…? Oskar mumbled and dropped to his knees, tears welling up in his eyes. Eli took a deep breath, doubting to tell him why she’s death.
“Please, Eli if you know tell me!”
“She killed herself, hung herself in the bedroom. Or so they say in the news, it was on the radio twenty minutes ago.”

Oskar buried his face in the palms of his hands and broke down crying, his entire body shaking. Eli’s heart broke when she saw her sweet Oskar in so much pain.
Eli knelt next to him wrapping her arms around him, rocking him softly.
She started to cry as well.
“I’m so sorry sweetie, I’m so sorry.” Was all she could say.

Oskar could hear the vampire approaching as he opened his eyes again.
His jaw clenched as he shook the memory of his mother’s suicide from his mind.
The creature now leapt towards him. Oskar spun around letting himself fall on his back.
The vampire landed on top of him, his mouth opened wide with its fangs bared.

Oskar’s knife flashed out striking the creature in its throat. Its eyes opened wide in pain and panic.
The jagged edges were tearing tendons of flesh out of its neck. Oskar rolled over with the vampire now underneath him. It desperately tried to grab its neck as the blood gushed over the knife.
“I can go much deeper, cutting your head clean off, but I don’t want to kill you, I want Eli. Now let’s try again, where is she!”
The vampire was definitely hurting, much to Oskar’s delight.

“Bohus…Fortress…Kunglav…he…he’s….there, Eli…too.” The vampire gurgled up blood with every word.
“Thank you.” Oskar pushed down hard, slicing through the neck, decapitating the vampire.

Oskar stood up, staring at the decapitated body, the blood still dripping from his knife.
He slowly looked around; the tree branches moved under the wind, their shadows cast to the ground looking like clawed hands.
He wiped the blood from his knife against the side of his jeans and looked up at the sky. Dawn will be coming soon and he now knew where to go.
The castle was near the Norwegian border. Oskar was close, very close.

“Eli, my love, I’m coming for you.”
I was caught up in the moment
We were alone and you seemed to harness the light
Even though I felt cold inside
When you told me it would be alright

Return to “Fan Fiction”