The Eli Chronicles

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
PeteMork

The Eli Chronicles

Post by PeteMork » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:19 am

I’ve finally succumbed to intense pressure from my inner muse, and started a new series, continuing from the end of the Dawson Family. The original series (“Coming in from the Cold”) begins in 1982, but toward the middle of “The Dawson Family,” we jump ahead 14 years.
This is when Eli meets Hannah. For those of you who are confused by the multitudes of unknown characters, here is a breakdown of the cast. (Warning! If you haven’t read “Coming in from the Cold,’ or ‘The Dawson Family,’
Old Link: http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancont ... n-the-cold [01/14/20; This link no longer works here or in the Fan Fiction Index]
New Link: http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancontent/node/142
http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancont ... son-family
(and have any desire whatsoever to do so) there are a few spoilers here:

Cast of Characters in no particular order:
  • Eli, aka Elias Örn: Our favorite lil vampirette (told ya I’d use this, gkmoberg1)
    Oskar Eriksson: Our favorite lil vampirette’s boyfriend.
    Dr. Richard Dawson: Eli’s and Oskar’s benefactor, and finally, father. Molecular Biologist, Professor at Oxford.
    Elaine Bell: Rescued vampire, sculptor and artist, Cambridge grad.
    Jack Shaw: Childhood friend of Eli and Oskar in 1980s
    Henry Shaw: Younger brother of Jack and childhood friend of Eli and Oskar in 1980s
    Seth: Neighborhood bully who almost killed Eli and, in turn, was ‘educated’ by Oskar.
    Jocke Ellstrom: Hapless Karlstad Chief Detective who rubbed Eli the wrong way.
    The Other One: Vampire in the same tradition as the Dark Lord.
    Mrs. Anderson: Kind childhood neighbor of the Dawsons who loved to grow flowers.(I only mention her here because I had a Norwegian grandmother just like her).
    Gudmund Törnkvist II: Vampire, son of the same Dark Lord who castrated and turned Eli. Atoned for his father's sins.
    Jonathan Törnkvist: Adopted son of Gudmund II, head Research Scientist at Archaeogenetics Inc.
    Hannah Sandstrøm: Eli’s best friend, identical twin, soul mate, kindred spirit, etc. Professional teaser of Oskar.
    Livia Sandstrøm: Hannah’s mother
    Nils Sandstrøm: Hannah’s father
    Jason Sandstrøm: Hannah’s older brother
    Einstein: Hannah's brave and highly-intelligent dog.
    Moose: Losing protagonist in epic battle between David (Eli) and Goliath (moose)

Old Link: http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancont ... chronicles [01/14/20; This link no longer works here or in the Fan Fiction Index]
New Link: http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancontent/node/528

EDIT, July 27, 2013:
A PDF of "Coming in from the Cold" and "The Dawson Family," now combined into one novel called "Coming in from the Cold" is now available for download:

http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancont ... 0Novel.pdf

A PDF of "The Eli Chronicles" is now available for download:

http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancont ... sFinal.pdf
Last edited by PeteMork on Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:09 pm, edited 8 times in total.
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

Naitouk

Re: The Eli Chronicles

Post by Naitouk » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:50 am

One word: YES!!!!!!!!

Go Pete!

Nicro

Post by Nicro » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:50 pm

Nice, started it last night, gonna finish it a little later. I'll give my opinion then
Death changes everything, sweeps everything away. Even mistakes.

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:22 am

Typical parent-type reaction from Livia and Nils. Reminds me of Mark Petrie's father in 'Salem's Lot. He didn't believe in vampires until it was too late, and Barlow knocked his brains out against his wife's head, as I recall.

Methinks Hanna is in serious trouble. Nice job building the tension there! Can't wait to see what happens... :shock:

rgh

Post by rgh » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:55 am

You didn't waste any time getting the story rolling. Looks like we're in for a ride. :D

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:41 am

Thanks!

I actually think that most parents would behave in this manner; especially if they thought their own child was at risk. Perhaps if they had known the Dawsons for many years instead of only a few months, things would have been different. :think:

I included the crude schematics of the vault and the tomb just to see whether or not they added to, or took something away from the story. I'm thinking now that I should have probably left the vault out and indeed, may remove it. I actually drew it to help me visualize the story back in the middle of "The Dawson Family" but held back posting it until now. What do you all think? Should I have left the layout a mystery? Does the picture of the tomb take anything away from the darkness of Hannah's plight or does it make her position clearer? (The stock answer of course would be that if I were the least bit artististic they might have worked. Everything looks so clean and neat, but unfortunately I never learned how to draw "creepy" in Adobe Illustrator. :D
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

thestich

Post by thestich » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:39 am

I think the room was adequately described earlier.
While wandering here between posts and FF, I am gradually getting convinced, that I haven't seen anywhere more beautiful madness than on this forum. Clubmeister

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:50 pm

I thought it was fun that you included the pictures with your story. I have sometimes thought it would be fun to illustrate my stories.

rgh

Post by rgh » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:05 am

I think that if you have illustrations or anything that you think adds to the story or our understanding of it, include it. These things can be ignored by anyone doesn't think they add any value. Personally, I like the extras.

thestich

Post by thestich » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:30 pm

Oh Boy!!

The best laid plans of mice and 200+ year old now deceased vampires able to "see" the future..... :o :o :o

Much like the Asimov's Foundation series. This future history seems to have gone off the rails very quickly.

Poor Hanna!!
While wandering here between posts and FF, I am gradually getting convinced, that I haven't seen anywhere more beautiful madness than on this forum. Clubmeister

Return to “Fan Fiction”