The Eli Chronicles

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
Daniel Ether

Re: The Eli Chronicles

Post by Daniel Ether » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:41 pm

Clubmeister wrote:
Daniel Ether wrote:just read Chapter 6: The Siege! :o oh boy! i cant stop reading now but i have to sleep! :? but then i have to wait for two days befor i can read on! :shock: maybe i should take a holiday :think:
A-ha-ha :lol:
Daniel Ether - you are caught...
:D oooh ya!
im looking so forward to the weekend ;)

Daniel Ether

Post by Daniel Ether » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:30 pm

chapter 10...
:shock: what is happening...?! :o

i am reading to slow... why haven't i paid more attention in my english lessons?! :x

Edit: so... here at chapter 13! Absolutly awesome till now by the way :D
I have to say... the whole science stuff sounds... lets say... ABSOLUTLY PLAUSIBLE! :D
i tend to belive this stuff! to you have some classified information about vampires? :think: :lol:

And thank you Clubmeister for this one! I LOVE this show! :D
Clubmeister wrote:
PeteMork wrote:
Jack grinned at her, arms folded across his chest. He was enjoying this immensely. He could almost see the gears grinding in her head. I’ll stop her when smoke starts coming out of her ears, but until then…
What a funny moment :lol: I recalled cartoon "Two stupid dogs", one of my favorite.

Daniel Ether

Post by Daniel Ether » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:28 pm

now here at the end of chapter 22 :o
oooooh i cant stand those bigoted jerks like marcus :evil: (he remembers me a lot of some poeple i knew a long time ago)
hmmm... i nearly dont dare to read on :shock:
(but ofcourse i will, right after i finished this entry :D )

the last few chapters where really really good like always. im really happy for elis got her new wings and her first flight was such a joy to read. :wub:
The scene in the cave was very intense. all the thoughts about death brought memorys of dr. dawsons unbelievable sad nightmare back in karlstadt :cry:

so here i go :D

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:05 am

Chapter60: Sava’s Secret

Link: http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancont ... vas-secret

Eli wrenches a major part of Sava’s secret from him, much to her initial regret…and Oskar’s final relief.

Hannah finally meets the 12-year-old Jack…and has second thoughts about her future.
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:04 am

Daniel Ether wrote:now here at the end of chapter 22 :o
oooooh i cant stand those bigoted jerks like marcus :evil: (he remembers me a lot of some poeple i knew a long time ago)
hmmm... i nearly dont dare to read on :shock:
(but ofcourse i will, right after i finished this entry :D )

the last few chapters where really really good like always. im really happy for elis got her new wings and her first flight was such a joy to read. :wub:
The scene in the cave was very intense. all the thoughts about death brought memorys of dr. dawsons unbelievable sad nightmare back in karlstadt :cry:

so here i go :D
Yeah, Marcus reminds me of people still alive and kicking right now in our modern world. :evil:

And, as you probably suspect by now, you're going to see a lot more of Sava in later chapters. Much to everyone's surprise and Eli's delight.
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

Daniel Ether

Post by Daniel Ether » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:22 pm

PeteMork wrote:Yeah, Marcus reminds me of people still alive and kicking right now in our modern world. :evil:
So Marcus met his fate :evil: Im on Dr. Dawsons side when it comes to things like that. But on the other hand i don't feel sorry for Marcus. He was truely one of the scariest characters till now.
“Because they’re different, Ryan. And some people can’t tolerate ‘different’ very well.”
Such narrow minded, bigoted people hurt other people and their loved ones and destroing their lifes without hesitation and still thinking they are doing the right thing :evil:
You can see that, maybe only in smal proportion, nearly every day.
Like Dr. Dawson, i think violent vengeance is not right at all, but every day that im getting older, my understanding for such actions, sadly, is growing.

Daniel Ether

Post by Daniel Ether » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:33 pm

So i got a few chapters further over Easter right to the end of 34 :)
So Hannah IS a fairy! Awesome :D
Its not like i'm into this stuff like Hannah :lol: but i really enjoyed reading this.
I live in Town where half of everything is a few hundred years old and nestled between woods and rivers and sometimes its hard not to think about hausgeister, and folktalecreatures when you make your way home at night ;)
The Club on the other hand.... :evil: I hope Eli, Elaine, Sava and the others will team-up good and give them hell! Forget what i said about vengeance in my last entry :twisted:

Clubmeister

Post by Clubmeister » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:41 pm

PeteMork wrote:Chapter60: Sava’s Secret
Eli wrenches a major part of Sava’s secret from him, much to her initial regret…and Oskar’s final relief.
Honestly, I still don't understand (for a long time), why Sava doesn't want to get a cure?
Not only because to be stronger, I think...
PeteMork wrote:Hannah finally meets the 12-year-old Jack…and has second thoughts about her future.
I'm completely on Jack's side.
Sometimes, when I'm walking on the streets and see old people, I have a vision: they are children.
I see - they're playing, running, etc... And again the reality: tired, without any hope and with extinguished look.
And I think: "Somehow it all wrong". My whole essence rebelling against the situation that we have. And I think: "What to do? What to do?" And I'm searching, digging and hope to find or add together something interesting or useful.
And your thinking in many chapters reminds me - not to foget this :)
He is looking at me, silently, expectantly, in the near-dark room, neither smiling nor frowning; gaunt as a Belsen child, proud as the Devil, distant and beautiful as a star. [DMt.]

Daniel Ether

Post by Daniel Ether » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:11 pm

so i finaly managed to get myself time to read on. i stoped at chapter 34 and it felt like an eternity :D
so here i am at the end of chapter 38! WHAT A THRILLER! I am really glad that Oskar is back with Eli and the others. There where a few quite gruesome moments:
HANNAH!! For a second, she thought Oskar was having a heart attack. Then all she could see was copper spikes all around her, and a man with cold blue-gray eyes staring down at her. Then, as she floated higher in the room, she saw Oskar, a black hood over his head, spread-eagled across the bed, covered with blood.
oh god... the horror :o Adrian... :evil:

and Hannah:
She felt Hannah jerk, then go limp on her back. And suddenly she was gone. She heard the sharp crack of the rifle a second later.
oh no :cry:

after that, i nearly couldn't wait for the internetside to build ub! i simply cant imagine how it must had felt to wait weeks (!) for the next chapter :lol:

But there where also awesome happy moments of course:
Eli giggled as Hannah’s ears continued to grow. They didn’t stop until they had reached their full pixie glory.
:wub:

and this one made really laugh:
“Enough! I’ll be fine just as I am. Please….” He backed away from them slowly.
“Gotcha!” They both doubled over in laughter.
“You’re way too easy, Oskar.” Hannah was laughing so hard, she had tears in her eyes.
Sava rolled his eyes. “Ready, Doctor?"
:lol: Sava is the best.
By the way, Savas inner monolog was really good and very touching. Even its again such a cliffhanger here at the end of chapter 38, i have to read now finaly "Elis Protector".
Im afraid i sound like a broken record but im enjoying reading this more and more. really awesome :)

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:24 am

Clubmeister wrote:
PeteMork wrote:Chapter60: Sava’s Secret
Honestly, I still don't understand (for a long time), why Sava doesn't want to get a cure?
Not only because to be stronger, I think...
PeteMork wrote:Hannah finally meets the 12-year-old Jack…and has second thoughts about her future.
I'm completely on Jack's side.
Sometimes, when I'm walking on the streets and see old people, I have a vision: they are children.
I see - they're playing, running, etc... And again the reality: tired, without any hope and with extinguished look.
And I think: "Somehow it all wrong". My whole essence rebelling against the situation that we have. And I think: "What to do? What to do?" And I'm searching, digging and hope to find or add together something interesting or useful.
And your thinking in many chapters reminds me - not to foget this :)
Sava is guilty of the same "sin" he is accusing Eli of committing: The sin of pride. He refuses to forgive himself for killing his son instead of saving him the way he did Eli. So he is punishing himself by not taking the cure. But remember, Eli has forever to convince him to change his mind. All she has to do is remind him of his own question: "Do you think anyone can be defined by a single moment in their lives?"

Just as Elaine pointed out to Hannah, I found myself quite surprised when I finally realized I was an adult. I'm sure there is still a child safely residing in the oldest of us, although in some, it is well-hidden. ;)

Return to “Fan Fiction”