The Eli Chronicles

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
PeteMork

Re: The Eli Chronicles

Post by PeteMork » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:07 am

Daniel Ether wrote:so i finaly managed to get myself time to read on. i stoped at chapter 34 and it felt like an eternity :D
so here i am at the end of chapter 38! WHAT A THRILLER! I am really glad that Oskar is back with Eli and the others. There where a few quite gruesome moments:
HANNAH!! For a second, she thought Oskar was having a heart attack. Then all she could see was copper spikes all around her, and a man with cold blue-gray eyes staring down at her. Then, as she floated higher in the room, she saw Oskar, a black hood over his head, spread-eagled across the bed, covered with blood.
oh god... the horror :o Adrian... :evil:

and Hannah:
She felt Hannah jerk, then go limp on her back. And suddenly she was gone. She heard the sharp crack of the rifle a second later.
oh no :cry:

after that, i nearly couldn't wait for the internetside to build ub! i simply cant imagine how it must had felt to wait weeks (!) for the next chapter :lol:

But there where also awesome happy moments of course:
Eli giggled as Hannah’s ears continued to grow. They didn’t stop until they had reached their full pixie glory.
:wub:

and this one made really laugh:
“Enough! I’ll be fine just as I am. Please….” He backed away from them slowly.
“Gotcha!” They both doubled over in laughter.
“You’re way too easy, Oskar.” Hannah was laughing so hard, she had tears in her eyes.
Sava rolled his eyes. “Ready, Doctor?"
:lol: Sava is the best.
By the way, Savas inner monolog was really good and very touching. Even its again such a cliffhanger here at the end of chapter 38, i have to read now finaly "Elis Protector".
Im afraid i sound like a broken record but im enjoying reading this more and more. really awesome :)
I'm glad you still like it. Chapters 37 and 38 were a kind of experiment. Other than the invasion of the Dawson home by "The four" I hadn't written much in the way of coreographed action, and I wanted to try my hand at it again.

Sava's monolog took a bit of time, because his character was well-developed by this point in the story, and I wanted his thoughts on Eli to be completely consistent with his character. I'm especially glad you didn't have any problems with it in that respect.
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:16 am

Chapter61: Reconciliation

Link: http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancont ... nciliation

This will be the second to the last chapter in the Eli Chronicles. I just wanted to give everyone fair warning, since you, the reader, don’t have the advantage of reading a real book, in which the ending approaches slowly but surely as the book gets heavier on the left side and lighter on the right, giving you a fair chance to anticipate the approaching end, for better or for worse. :D

Their final chapter, a bit longer than the rest, will be called, appropriately, “Midnight Flight of Fancy,” in which many loose ends will not be tied off, and indeed many more will be introduced – not because I plan a sequel (To Wolfchild’s relief, I’m sure ;) ) but because I want Eli’s and Oskar’s life together to remain open-ended forever. It’s the least I could do for them after what they’ve done for me. :wub:

In this chapter:

Hannah comes to grips with her future, Jonathan fills our pioneers in on the latest BbC situation, Jeff’s brother’s arrival is anticipated, and Oskar, excited about his new, improved Eli, proposes an exciting night of exploration and adventure.
Last edited by PeteMork on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

Daniel Ether

Post by Daniel Ether » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:03 am

oooh... :|
so suddently i feel like its a good thing that i am 21 chapters behinde :(
secretly i wished this will go on for ever :D

Clubmeister

Post by Clubmeister » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:19 pm

PeteMork wrote:...
Their final chapter, a bit longer than the rest, will be called, appropriately, “Midnight Flight of Fancy,” in which many loose ends will not be tied off, and indeed many more will be introduced – not because I plan a sequel (To Wolfchild’s relief, I’m sure ;) ) but because I want Eli’s and Oskar’s life together to remain open-ended forever...
It comforts me in some way - that Eli and Oskar will live much much lonfer than I (if I won't find a super-secret recipe of immortality :) )
He is looking at me, silently, expectantly, in the near-dark room, neither smiling nor frowning; gaunt as a Belsen child, proud as the Devil, distant and beautiful as a star. [DMt.]

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:36 am

The final chapter is finished. Now the proof-reading begins, and then... :(

(I"m really going to miss them all)

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:58 pm

Can I play Mr Dawson in the movie?

When are the auditions?

EEA

Post by EEA » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:29 pm

I feel like their story will continue even though the final chapter is coming. ;)
And I am working on an alternative story line. What if the Dawson family met Lucy? :mrgreen:

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:02 pm

EEA wrote:I feel like their story will continue even though the final chapter is coming. ;)
And I am working on an alternative story line. What if the Dawson family met Lucy? :mrgreen:
:o :shock: :lol:

Could Sava survive Lucy? Stay tuned...
Last edited by PeteMork on Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:18 am

gkmoberg1 wrote:Can I play Mr Dawson in the movie?

When are the auditions?
You sure can! As soon as I work out the details with Tomas Alfredson, Johan Söderqvist, and Hoyte van Hoytema. I envision a trilogy... :D
(I figure auditions this summer and final production in time for Halloween, 2014.)

Return to “Fan Fiction”