little Funny Fictions:)

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
Siggdalos

Re: little Funny Fictions:)

Post by Siggdalos » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:21 am

Kitsune wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:50 pm
Oh that killed me right there! So funny! I'm glad people loved my parody I made as tiger eyes. Having reread them, I just couldn't stop laughing. I miss all this.
:wub:

Here's something else. Maybe on the less funny side of things, but I got to thinking about the ABBA reunion and realized that there are two certain someones who might be intrigued by it for a slightly different reason than everyone else.

------

"... is slated for release on the 5th of November."
The news presenter went on to talk about other things. Stefan muted the TV. They had heard all they needed to.
He and Karin's eyes met. He didn't need to ask her if they should find a way to attend one of the concerts, nor did she she need to ask him. It went without saying. Something else was occupying Stefan's thoughts.
"So", he said with something resembling a smile, "looks like they've also found a way to become immortal."
"Looks like it", she replied.
"But then, they probably paid less of a price for it than we did."
"Making those holograms can't have been cheap."
"You know what I mean."
Karin looked toward the hotel room's sole window, which they had covered with blankets. "I do."
The TV kept emitting its images in silence—a flicker of colors at the edge of Stefan's vision that created blurry rainbows on the walls.
Karin turned back to him. "Do you regret your choice?"
The Question. It had been asked a number of times. It was not out of any forgetfulness, nor was it a sign that the person asking it was starting to waver. It was because they always wanted to be sure that they understood each other, and because they'd always been in agreement that they would keep going only so long as both of them wanted to keep going.
In that sense, asking about regrets was wrong. They were well past the point of regretting how things had begun. The Question now was how and whether things would end. But it was a comfortable shorthand and euphemism, and so it was the one they used.
Because he had asked and been asked it so many times, Stefan's answer could've come quickly, automatically. But it didn't. As always, he gave his answer the same amount of consideration that the Question had been asked with, and as always, he arrived at the same answer. Agnetha, Björn, Benny, and Frida weren't done dreaming, and neither was he.
He took Karin's hand and said earnestly: "No."
De höll om varandra i tystnad. Oskar blundade och visste: detta var det största. Ljuset från lyktan i portvalvet trängde svagt in genom hans slutna ögonlock, la en hinna av rött för hans ögon. Det största.

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:32 am

Bravo @Siggdalos!
And I was worried I was the only one toughing it out until Nov 5th

Even

Post by Even » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:10 am

gkmoberg1 wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:32 am
Bravo @Siggdalos!
Hi, gk. I'm still not really sure how to navigate forums like this sooo I don't how to best link something and tag you but...

I thought I'd say I somehow stumbled across your Aldine story from way back in this thread/topic and was quite touched. I just found it very evocative. I could see it woven into a strange little tale that stands apart from ltroi fan-fiction somehow. Ten years later and you've made another stranger cry! x

does this link work?.. http://www.let-the-right-one-in.com/for ... fa1#p62451

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:01 pm

Even wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:10 am
gkmoberg1 wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:32 am
Bravo @Siggdalos!
Hi, gk. I'm still not really sure how to navigate forums like this sooo I don't how to best link something and tag you but...

I thought I'd say I somehow stumbled across your Aldine story from way back in this thread/topic and was quite touched. I just found it very evocative. I could see it woven into a strange little tale that stands apart from ltroi fan-fiction somehow. Ten years later and you've made another stranger cry! x

does this link work?.. http://www.let-the-right-one-in.com/for ... fa1#p62451
You are very kind. Thank you.

Sorry for the tears. :twisted:

Return to “Fan Fiction”