Blessing of the Night

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
moonvibe34

Blessing of the Night

Post by moonvibe34 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:19 am

thank you all for suffering my barrage of poems. the patience of this forum is commendable. i can be a tad overzealous at times. :oops: i've had the pleasure of reading a few of the stories here in the Fan Fiction section and thankfully have more to go. i want to thank the authors for allowing my love affair with LTROI to continue in ways i never imagined but certainly enjoy. i have been suprised and thrilled, touched and moved, concerned and frightened, amused and entertained, and always left wanting more. no doubt these great works require much time and are quite taxing but the end results are wonderful. this collection of words has been inspired by these works which are greatly appreciated. thanks.http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancont ... -the-night
"But dreams come through stone walls, light up dark rooms, or darken light ones, and their persons make their exits and their entrances as they please, and laugh at locksmiths."
Carmilla by Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu

PeteMork

Re: Blessing of the Night

Post by PeteMork » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:39 am

You've outdone yourself with this one! Its beautiful, intense, and true to Oskar's unspoken thoughts, IMO.
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

Aurora

Post by Aurora » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:01 am

That was lovely, really moving :)
Team Eli

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:35 pm

Wow. A full, formal embracing of all that Eli is. No holds barred! Very nice!

gattoparde59

Post by gattoparde59 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:26 am

To know her thoughts both sincere and frightening.

To be her comfort and refuge after the dark gift has compelled her.

To know her fully, with tears and smiles, claws and fangs.
And that is what love is all about.

I'll break open the story and tell you what is there. Then, like the others that have fallen out onto the sand, I will finish with it, and the wind will take it away.

Nisa

DMt.

Post by DMt. » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:50 pm

Well, DarkMoon, you sure gripped that character by the throat and made him spit out his heart.

moonvibe34

Post by moonvibe34 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:53 pm

thanks for the replys everyone. i'm glad you liked that one.
"But dreams come through stone walls, light up dark rooms, or darken light ones, and their persons make their exits and their entrances as they please, and laugh at locksmiths."
Carmilla by Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu

[Shellshock]

Post by [Shellshock] » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:58 am

I´m going to be the asshole on this one , solely because no one ever seems to provide constructive criticism on any of the posted fan fiction of this board.
You clearly have visible talent for poems and lyrical writing but every one of you poems seems to me like a rewording of the previous one.
To me it looks like you keep adressing the same themes and emotions , not trying to take stuff into a new direction.
Most striking negative point for me is that I feel like you are misinterpreting Oskar ( I am aware of the fact that this is "FICTION BASED ON A FANS VIEW") but that shouldn´t allow anyone to completely reform a characters mind set , which to me you did.

Before everyone jumps me be aware that I am not saying you can´t write poems , you clearly have some talent for that , but you should bear in mind that presenting your work on an open board can be embraced AND criticized.

( The excessive use of to/for me is basically a glowing billboard of THIS IS MY OPINION)

Return to “Fan Fiction”