LTROI tumblr art

A forum for discussing fan art related to Let The Right One In
ltroifanatic

Re: LTROI tumblr art

Post by ltroifanatic » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:22 am

I really loved the one with Eli and Oskar looking at the night sky.What could be nicer than sitting with the one you love as you both watch the moon and stars?..Also the one after it..The prettiest Eli and Oskar I've seen..Thanks for sharing. :D :D
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

intrige

Post by intrige » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:10 am

ltroifanatic wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:22 am
I really loved the one with Eli and Oskar looking at the night sky.What could be nicer than sitting with the one you love as you both watch the moon and stars?..Also the one after it..The prettiest Eli and Oskar I've seen..Thanks for sharing. :D :D
That one was actually drawn by an old forum member, covenant was it? His amazing drawings are still on the forum! You'll know them when you see them, they all got the same style. :)
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:10 pm

OMG! Did she do the whole story or just the pages she posted?

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

Pissball

Post by Pissball » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:33 pm

Here there's a little more :
https://helenaquintanilla.deviantart.co ... ght+one+in

Some pages:

We see the almost-never-pictured Hakan here :think:

The work is from early 2017, so it's possible she's still working on it.
Im not sure tho if it's based in the movie or the book. That scene on Eli's arrival with Hakan looks like the movie, but I don't remember exactly how was the intro in the book, im pretty sure it was with Oskar in the school. If im not wrong the very first time he sees Eli, is in the park.

intrige

Post by intrige » Sun May 13, 2018 8:12 am

True love is learning morse code and using it to talk to your asexual vampire life partner while they're in their coffin.
The ultimate moral that you can find from Scandinavian horror movies is Don’t Be A Dick Or You’re Probably Gonna Die

intrige

Post by intrige » Sun May 13, 2018 8:49 am

SpartanAltego

Post by SpartanAltego » Sun May 13, 2018 5:31 pm

Wow, what a treasure trove of art. If there's one thing I like about Tumblr it's the preponderance of creative output. Good and bad.

Would anyone happen to know where I could find a very pretty sketch of Eli in winged vampire form? I saw it a while back but can't seem to find it now - he's nude, no gentials naturally, his feet are stretched into these talon like things and his hands have morphed into wings like those of a bat.
"The dark is patient, and it always wins. But its weakness lies in its strength: a single candle is enough to hold it at bay. Love is more than a candle. Love can ignite the stars." - Matthew Stover

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Sun May 13, 2018 10:10 pm

SpartanAltego wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 5:31 pm
Wow, what a treasure trove of art. If there's one thing I like about Tumblr it's the preponderance of creative output. Good and bad.

Would anyone happen to know where I could find a very pretty sketch of Eli in winged vampire form? I saw it a while back but can't seem to find it now - he's nude, no gentials naturally, his feet are stretched into these talon like things and his hands have morphed into wings like those of a bat.
Daniel Ether drew a lot of pictures for PeteMork's Eli Chronicles. Bat-like wings.

But I despaired of any representations I had seen, and I couldn't get much of a picture of the description of Eli's wings from the novel.

Then, too, there are a number of posts discussing the aerodynamics of flight in general, but as I recall, they were about flapping using pectoral muscles (like birds or bats) and a redistribution of weight.

I had to come up with my own image, something that wasn't too too specific but that took advantage of concepts of fully grown human beings paragliding or piloting sail planes. That is, concepts that used the Venturi principle of generating uplift as well as the use of thermals. So here's what I came up with (last vignette in part 6 of Set Me As a Seal).

"When they get to the old dock, they strip off their sweatshirts and Oskar drops his next to hers. They raise their arms over their heads so they can grow the membrane that will become their wings. Barely visible lines from their arms and torso radiate throughout the membrane and become a shimmering, gossamer network that thickens and grows robust.

Eli walks to the end of the dock and faces the steady breeze blowing in from the Sund. The space between her upraised arms and her body billows like the sails of a ship and she rises, Oskar right behind her. They begin to soar in a widening spiral, alternately tacking or running with the wind. When Eli is satisfied they are high enough so they won't attract attention from the ground, she takes a heading toward Malmö."
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Mon May 14, 2018 2:06 am

I've fallen in love with this manga artist's images! :wub:
Last edited by dongregg on Mon May 14, 2018 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

SpartanAltego

Post by SpartanAltego » Mon May 14, 2018 2:37 am

dongregg wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 2:06 am
I've fallen in love with this manga artist's images! :wub:

https://www.behance.net/gallery/4962150 ... -Fan-manga
I think this has been posted around four times in this thread alone, heh. Still very appealing art, manga style meshes oddly well with LtROI for conveying story.
"The dark is patient, and it always wins. But its weakness lies in its strength: a single candle is enough to hold it at bay. Love is more than a candle. Love can ignite the stars." - Matthew Stover

Return to “Fan Art”