A forum for discussing fan art related to Let The Right One In
mackousko

Re: Winged Eli sketches.

Post by mackousko » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:22 am

This is fun to watch indeed.

Casper

Post by Casper » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:49 am

Ash wrote:I don't buy this one. The arms at times are out of sync with the wings and the legs have minds of their own.
Perhaps more significantly, if this was real, there would be huge coverage by the media for what would be a massive step in un-powered flight, which there isn't.
"There are two kinds of people I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch." :D - Nigel Powers.
I read further on in articles and they admit it's powered. Controlled electronically. But it's still pretty cool. :)
Carpe Noctem

Ash

Post by Ash » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:23 am

Yeh, maybe not real, but it's cool I agree.

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:43 pm

Casper wrote:
Ash wrote:I don't buy this one. The arms at times are out of sync with the wings and the legs have minds of their own.
Perhaps more significantly, if this was real, there would be huge coverage by the media for what would be a massive step in un-powered flight, which there isn't.
"There are two kinds of people I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch." :D - Nigel Powers.
I read further on in articles and they admit it's powered. Controlled electronically. But it's still pretty cool. :)
I don't think there was any attempt at deception. On his own blog he describes the mechanism:

http://www.humanbirdwings.net/
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

Ash

Post by Ash » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:42 am

Casper

Post by Casper » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:44 am

Well that's a little disappointing. Perhaps I'll live to see a day when I can walk out on a sunny beach and see people flying around with their enormous mechanical wings.
Carpe Noctem

mackousko

Post by mackousko » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:00 pm

:lol: Cool. We still can jump out of the window. The landing is the problem :think:

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:44 pm

Wow! All I can say is: :oops: :lol:

P.S. What a shame. I was really hoping... [sigh] :(
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

metoo

Post by metoo » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:28 pm

Casper wrote:Well that's a little disappointing. Perhaps I'll live to see a day when I can walk out on a sunny beach and see people flying around with their enormous mechanical wings.
It's to a large extent a question of power, sufficiently compact power source. I would guess that if/when the power source is invented/developed, the rest is comparatively easy.
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

Clubmeister

Post by Clubmeister » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:28 pm

PeteMork wrote:
I almost died laughing.
My gosh. I thought, this is just a cartoon. It appears it's true. :lol: :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gkWLMpGfQ8
He is looking at me, silently, expectantly, in the near-dark room, neither smiling nor frowning; gaunt as a Belsen child, proud as the Devil, distant and beautiful as a star. [DMt.]

Return to “Fan Art”