Winged Eli sketches.

A forum for discussing fan art related to Let The Right One In
gkmoberg1

Re: Winged Eli sketches.

Post by gkmoberg1 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:54 am

metoo wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:11 pm
In my thread About wings and flying, I recently posted a sketch I made of what I consider Eli's wings may look like. Then I have edited that sketch somewhat, and posted it anew. Since the sketch may be regarded to be fan art, it today occurred to me to post here, as well...

Bump! This is the image that comes to mind when I read the scene where Eli takes off from the roof of the hospital!

Long ago I printed this out, and then with scissors cut out the image and taped it to my computer monitor. It's still here with me. I am printing it out again as the one I have is looking shabby at this point. Bonus points: do the same and add an Eli to your monitor

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:02 am

gkmoberg1 wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:54 am
Bonus points: do the same and add an Eli to your monitor
But that would cover all the post-its with my passwords on ;)

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:53 pm

Jocke: Du väger ju ingenting. (You weigh nothing.)
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Pissball

Post by Pissball » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:31 pm

Yep. That's exactly how I pictured it too when read it. And Im pretty sure thas was what JAL intented, if its anatomically wrong or againts laws of fisics is another story. Maybe she uses them to plan or for a safe landing
After all we don't know how the pool massacre was (in the book) probably JAL neither. We just know those guys were massacred lol.

Here's another very well made fan art depicting the wings, like metoo's, only difference is that Eli is naked :

Also, I remeber Eli's arms being unnaturally long, and probably get even longer when the wings comes up, very creepy yes, as lovely Eli could be, did Oskar took right decision in becoming a creature like this ? :think:

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:16 pm

I love the flying vampires in Van Helsing, the 2004 Hugh Jackman film. I get the idea that a lot of us are seeking something like that in LTROI. But I couldn't reconcile what I read with--really--any clear image of Eli flying. So I made up my own image. She soars rather than flaps, using the Venturi principle of the wind over the top of her wings to create lift. Why not? It works for full-sized humans when paragliding. So I wrote this, leaving it vague as to the dimension of the wings:
When they get to the old dock, they strip off their sweatshirts and Oskar drops his next to hers. They raise their arms over their heads so they can grow the membrane that will become their wings. Barely visible lines from their arms and torso radiate throughout the membrane and become a shimmering, gossamer network that soon thickens and grows robust.

Eli walks to the end of the dock and faces the steady breeze blowing in from the Sund. The space between her upraised arms and her body billows like the sails of a ship and she rises, Oskar right behind her. They begin to soar in a widening spiral, alternately tacking or running with the wind. When Eli is satisfied they are high enough so they won't attract attention from the ground, she takes a heading toward Malmö.
That's the beginning of several pages of fun for the children. :o
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Return to “Fan Art”