LTROI tumblr art

A forum for discussing fan art related to Let The Right One In
Pissball

Re: LTROI tumblr art

Post by Pissball » Mon May 14, 2018 1:24 pm

SpartanAltego wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 5:31 pm
Wow, what a treasure trove of art. If there's one thing I like about Tumblr it's the preponderance of creative output. Good and bad.

Would anyone happen to know where I could find a very pretty sketch of Eli in winged vampire form? I saw it a while back but can't seem to find it now - he's nude, no gentials naturally, his feet are stretched into these talon like things and his hands have morphed into wings like those of a bat.
This one?
It's really cool.

PS: I don't like how most fan arts heavily focused or reduced to Eli(mostly bleeding)+Oskar, and nothing more. I gues is the movie influence, or actually most arts are based on the movie iconic scenes.

PS2: An strange Abby:

SpartanAltego

Post by SpartanAltego » Mon May 14, 2018 3:50 pm

Pissball wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 1:24 pm
SpartanAltego wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 5:31 pm
Wow, what a treasure trove of art. If there's one thing I like about Tumblr it's the preponderance of creative output. Good and bad.

Would anyone happen to know where I could find a very pretty sketch of Eli in winged vampire form? I saw it a while back but can't seem to find it now - he's nude, no gentials naturally, his feet are stretched into these talon like things and his hands have morphed into wings like those of a bat.
This one?
That is exactly the one! Thank you very much. :D
"The dark is patient, and it always wins. But its weakness lies in its strength: a single candle is enough to hold it at bay. Love is more than a candle. Love can ignite the stars." - Matthew Stover

Pissball

Post by Pissball » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:04 pm

Eli and Hakan? :think: :lol:

intrige

Post by intrige » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:00 pm

The usual, it's been a minute..
This one is my fave of the bunch :) Esp' 'cause of how big they draw Oskar and tiny they drew Eli.
Or:
Which one did you like better?
Second fave, 'cause f how well drawn and beutiful those two's legs are. Oskar's pointy shoe is a plus :D
I think I have seen this one before..
That's it for now, at least for the fan art :)
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

intrige

Post by intrige » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:04 pm

Soo aparently there is a fanfic au (alternate universe) thing where that one movie,, uhhmm, a diary of a vampire or something, lestat and that blond vampire child ya know, I think.. Theres a fic of oskar and eli and those two men from that movie,just, hanging out I think??
Well there is fanart of it, look:
A bit of art for my Let the Right One In x Vampire Chronicles crossover- Elias teasing Armand for his reluctance about being a “parent”…
annd:
Gotta look into that, find it read it ya know the drill.
HMMMM

intrige

Post by intrige » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:13 pm

Now some funny stuff that I found, on tumblr ofc:
watching the remake of the swedish vampire film like
Funny, buuuut I have a better joke:
"Eli outside the pool window like:
It's funnier in my head!!
A+ Moment from "Let the Right One In"(English Translation)
Oskar: Want to go steady?
Eli: What do you mean?
Oskar: Well...do you want to be my girlfriend?
Eli: ...Oskar...I'm not a girl.
Oskar: Oh... but do you want to go steady or not?
Eli: ...bruh.
Now this one made me laugh!! :lol:

Some nice little reviews for good mesure:
It took me a night to sleep over this movie but I come to find that I really really like this one.

It’s not black and white, it’s just very very grey and such a strong contrast from the kind of “Hollywood” Movie that you see everywhere in its telling. It’s very very slow paced, almost to the point where you might consider it boring, if that wouldn’t be absolutely necessary to carry over the tension.

The violence in this movie is happening on-screen, you are there when it happens – but you never really see anything; this movie is not a splatter movie. Violence is happening behind closed doors, and you witness it, but you are not allowed to get involved.

That being said, it should be mentioned that there are definitely worse monsters in this movie than the vampire pictured – and that is despite Eli being portrayed as rather tragic. She’s not the villain, but she’s not the hero either – she’s a problem. She kills and she murders and then regrets doing so, but without making much of a fuss about it. The vampire in this movie is portrayed with a ‘familiar’ who follows and protects her, commits murders for her and hides the bodies.

I really loved the relationship between the kids because it just felt really genuine – you don’t have the classic “kids are young and energetic and bubbly and are so easy to make friends.” The protagonist of this movie is an introvert and there is always this awkward tension of “I like you – would it bother you if we were friends? Am I allowed to?” and when he finds out about her being a vampire he does treat her differently, he puts his guard up, judges her and displays obvious anger about the things she does, but at the same time he stays with her on this seemingly unconditional level.
I think my favorite movie is Let the Right One In. It’s a vampire romance done right, like Twilight if it were serious art and not the silly thing it is. I love Eli and Oskar; they’re so cute, and sympathetic, and brave. I love that Eli is so freaking powerful as a vampire–like a god of death, almost–and yet shows vulnerability with Oskar. It’s a nice romance between two outcasts. I like that Eli is of an ambiguous nature, mysterious, intriguing, and a bit scary. Oskar is interesting as a bullied victim seeking empowerment through violence and Eli, who is both violent and lovable.

I like the theme of walls separating the characters, trapping them, and also offering defenses. It’s very artistically done, and it fits in well with the theme of letting the right one in and the plot device of vampires requiring an invitation to enter a home. In the end, they let each other in, and it’s beautiful.
And something new I learned!!!!:
Cinematographer Hoyte van Hoytema is doing very well for himself. After the succes of “Let the right one in” (2008) he went on to shoot a solid string of interesting projects: The Fighter (2010), Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (2011), Call Girl (2012), Her (2013) and most recently: Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar (2014). Also, he just signed on for the new James Bond (which will again be directed by Sam Mendes. hurrah).

Though he is now a internationally sought-after lensman, he was refused from the Netherlands Film Academy back in the day. As a resulting measure, he went to the Polish Film Academy. The above video is one of his student films, from his days there. He has stated that his education was very classical, and indeed it shows. I cannot help but love the medium shots filled with high contrast lighting, something I think one doesn’t see enough of anymore these days.
Ok now I'm done, uuur welcome!!

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:02 pm

Trige! So much stuff. Tak!
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

intrige

Post by intrige » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:12 pm

You arw welcome :)
I found and have read through that ltroi au I mentioned, it's not bad :) https://archiveofourown.org/works/14053 ... s/32371842

metoo

Post by metoo » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:30 pm

dongregg wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:02 pm
Roof? :mrgreen:
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

intrige

Post by intrige » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:25 pm

metoo wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:30 pm
dongregg wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:02 pm
Roof? :mrgreen:
I was thinking the same thing when I read it! :D I hasitated out of politeness..? :roll:

Return to “Fan Art”