Coming in From the Cold--The Eli Chronicles; Collaboration

A forum for discussing fan art related to Let The Right One In
Daniel Ether

Re: Coming in From the Cold--The Eli Chronicles; Collaborat

Post by Daniel Ether » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:21 am

Clubmeister wrote:By Oskar's face one can say - when he plays with Eli, he does not care, he wins or loses :)
Cool picture.
:D thats true hahaha. But he wont give up ;) " He threw a couple of tiles at her. “Just you wait! Once I’m in school in London, I’ll pick up all the slang, and you won’t stand a chance against me.” :D

mackousko

Post by mackousko » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:10 pm

They're both winners. Eli looks so touched. :wub: Heartfelt joy in the eyes. :D

Daniel Ether

Post by Daniel Ether » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:35 am

mackousko wrote:They're both winners. Eli looks so touched. :wub: Heartfelt joy in the eyes. :D
Thats true!
its so nice how sometimes i see the things i draw in the cartoons unconsciously, often only after you guys pointing them out. :)

Opeth

Post by Opeth » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:14 pm

mackousko wrote: Image
This just screams A Broken Child, I feel like rereading it now, argh... Great to see a new sketch from you, stunning!

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:12 pm

Dr. Dawson’s worst nightmare: Losing Eli forever. :cry:

He watched her soar upwards over the lake as her powerful wings beat rhythmically against the cold crisp air. She began a steep climb and suddenly broke through the darkness into the full light of the sun.

Chapter 10, Coming in from the Cold; The Awakening
Last edited by PeteMork on Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:15 pm

This one is a bit trickier. It’s from one of the short-stories I wrote about Eli’s past.

Wearily, she opened her crate, reached down past her puzzles and old dress and pulled out her first; her sister’s dress. She carefully laid it out on the stone floor, put on her own dress, took out her doll with its one remaining button eye, and curled up in the corner, clutching it tightly to her chest. As she was sucked into the darkness, she saw once again, but only for a fleeting moment, that beautiful blond-haired boy smiling, beckoning to her --- “Come!” he said excitedly. “Come!” He turned and ran as though he hadn’t a care in the world, confident that she would follow close behind him. That she would always be close behind him…

Eli’s Protector
Last edited by PeteMork on Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

Opeth

Post by Opeth » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:13 pm

What a beauty that is, that's one of the few stories of yours that I've actually read along with the proposals and TDOE which I loved. Oh dam, I want to reread those right this second! Well done Daniel. :D

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:48 pm

Opeth wrote:What a beauty that is, that's one of the few stories of yours that I've actually read along with the proposals and TDOE which I loved. Oh dam, I want to reread those right this second! Well done Daniel. :D
Thanks.

And I agree. Daniel captured the moment perfectly. Eli's white skin (Daniel usually doesn't use this much color) stands out against the dark, ragged border of his drawing, making her look even more vulnerable, IMO.

(And, of course, Blue is Eli's favorite color) ;)

Clubmeister

Post by Clubmeister » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:23 pm

PeteMork wrote:Dr. Dawson’s worst nightmare: Losing Eli forever. :cry:

He watched her soar upwards over the lake as her powerful wings beat rhythmically against the cold crisp air. She began a steep climb and suddenly broke through the darkness into the full light of the sun.

Chapter 10, Coming in from the Cold; The Awakening
So easy, but so piercing picture :cry:
Why has Daniel choosen this very moment? I remember that it could be an alternative ending. Brrrr. So good that it was just a dream. Because my heart stops each time I read this (despite of I know that it was just a dream).
And while looking at the second beautiful Daniel's picture, dedicated to "Eli's protector", I think, i's so good, Pete, that you're an optimist :) We have always some hope.
He is looking at me, silently, expectantly, in the near-dark room, neither smiling nor frowning; gaunt as a Belsen child, proud as the Devil, distant and beautiful as a star. [DMt.]

Daniel Ether

Post by Daniel Ether » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:57 pm

Thanky you guys :)
Making the the last two ones was quite sad :cry:
But both are moments in the story when i was really startled.
Dr. Dawsons dream was so unbelievable sad... When i read it the first time i was so confused because i didn't recognize it was a dream whenall started from the beginning and Oscar died :shock: :cry:
it was until Dr. Dawson was awoken from Eli and Oskar

And after this also so very sad and moving scene of Eli curling up in this dirty corner of the cellar i promise a much much happier scene the next time... :)

Return to “Fan Art”