X-Trilogy Composition

A forum for discussing fan art related to Let The Right One In
Slizewski

X-Trilogy Composition

Post by Slizewski » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:31 am

Hello,

I am an orchestral/film composer, and I was extremely inspired by the "X-trilogy", particularly "Rörelsen: Den andra platsen" (The Movement: The Second Place).
I wrote this piece called "X - The Place Beyond", which I am sharing with you here.

Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE_sDSJ4swA

It was recorded at California State University Northridge in Los Angeles.

Best,

Rene

SpartanAltego

Re: X-Trilogy Composition

Post by SpartanAltego » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:09 am

I honestly feel like I'm not qualified to make judgements about this particular piece in the presence of an actual composer, but what the heck I'll give it a shot anyway. Your tribute piece was quite good, with a sort of serene melancholy that evoked a kind of "peace, but not quite" feeling. Certainly it would feel right at home in JAL's works, so I'd say you captured the spirit of your focus intact.

Please do share more of your work in the future, whether it be further JAL tributes or unrelated original compositions. I am always on the lookout for new sounds to sample.
"The dark is patient, and it always wins. But its weakness lies in its strength: a single candle is enough to hold it at bay. Love is more than a candle. Love can ignite the stars." - Matthew Stover

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:02 am

First, Rene, welcome to this great forum, We, the Infected.

Second, thanks for sharing your talent with us. I'm not qualified to give a musical review of the work, but I can say that it maintained an "on edge" mood, and I found the unfamiliar sounds produced by familiar orchestral instruments to be arresting. That makes me want to ask what you think of Johan Söderqvist's music for the film. He gets unfamiliar sounds, too, but partly by incorporating the water drum.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

intrige

Post by intrige » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:11 pm

Yes welcome!! And also this is sooo awesome!
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:52 am

Hi Rene welcome to WTI.What beautiful music you've written.So haunting.Loved it.Please share more. :D
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

Return to “Fan Art”