My First Digital Drawing

A forum for discussing fan art related to Let The Right One In
Microwave Jellyfish

Re: My First Digital Drawing

Post by Microwave Jellyfish » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:42 pm

Mr.Sample wrote:Even the sketch was made in electronic media. :ugeek:
Oh. Awkay, got it. I started to feel old. :geek:
And we danced, on the brink of an unknown future, to an echo from a vanished past.

gattoparde59

Post by gattoparde59 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:14 pm

A stuffed animal? That is really very sad.

Funny they didn't do this in the movie version. I guess they wanted to keep Eli more ambiguous. And Lina is cute even without a stuffed animal.

I'll break open the story and tell you what is there. Then, like the others that have fallen out onto the sand, I will finish with it, and the wind will take it away.

Nisa

Mr.Sample

Post by Mr.Sample » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:21 pm

gattoparde59 wrote:A stuffed animal? That is really very sad.

Funny they didn't do this in the movie version. I guess they wanted to keep Eli more ambiguous. And Lina is cute even without a stuffed animal.
:lol: I'm speechless.

Wolfchild

Post by Wolfchild » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:02 pm

Not at all. In the film Eli has the white stuffed bunny.
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:25 pm

Wow! Nicely done! Have you looked into programs like Photoshop, Xara, or Adobe Illustrator? The latest versions of these programs can do magical things with original artwork - if wielded by the original artist. :)
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:28 pm

If you watch the scenes with Eli in the tub closely, you will see a stuffed animal she is clutching. I think the white bunny on her table is wax.

Mr.Sample

Post by Mr.Sample » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:27 pm

Mr.Sample wrote:

:lol: I'm speechless.
Oops, I guess I hideously misunderstood you. I managed to falsely sense some irony and black humour (I associated Teddy Bears with taxidermy). Sorry. :oops: I wonder how weird my response must have seemed. :lol:
PeteMork wrote:Wow! Nicely done! Have you looked into programs like Photoshop, Xara, or Adobe Illustrator? The latest versions of these programs can do magical things with original artwork - if wielded by the original artist. :)
Thanks! Actually, I used an elementary version of Photoshop for the coloring, but the other programs you mentioned I haven't heard of. I'll check them out if I have the opportunity.

Mr.Sample

Post by Mr.Sample » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:01 pm

I forgot to mention that the whole idea of a half-naked Eli, armed with a stuffed toy bunny, came from a_c_l's last letter in that creative thread he had started. I thought it would be a great way of depicting Eli both androgynous/strong (without having to abandon the resemblance to Lina) and cute/vulnerable. So, Thank you for the inspiration, a_contemplative_life! : bow :

DMt.

Post by DMt. » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:11 pm

More, I think.

I'd like to see your 'Eli transformed by Love', this one is so hostile and vulnerable it sort of hurts.

covenant6452

Post by covenant6452 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:15 pm

Nicely done Mr. Sample!
Go ahead and give Eli some psycho pants, everyone knows I like dem psycho pants! :lol:
How did you feel about using the tablet? I did the "Han namngav..." drawing with a minimal sketch then used my tablet for the first time to do the rest, but I prefer my dirty pencils and pen and ink. I do use the tablet as a tool though.
Here's a hint, If you do a character sketch like that, put a shadow below them to indicate they are standing on something, floor, ground or whatever, it really helps to bring a more finished look to a drawing. ;)
Du måste bjuda in mig...or else!

Return to “Fan Art”