The Trailer for Handling the Undead has dropped

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel Hanteringen av odöda
danielmann861

The Trailer for Handling the Undead has dropped

Post by danielmann861 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:23 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrmpti8QHco

So many scenes I recognized from the book almost instantly. Most notably the Rabbit scene.

The biggest deviation has to be Elvy though. That is completely different to the book. And that's the one I'm more curious to see in how it deviates. But the stuff with Elias, Mahler, Anna, David and his wife all looks pretty familiar from that trailer.

This is my most anticipated film of next year by far. I love the mood and atmosphere represented in this trailer. Can't wait to see it.

What were your thoughts on the trailer?

Siggdalos

Re: The Trailer for Handling the Undead has dropped

Post by Siggdalos » Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:00 am

It looks like it will be everything I hoped it could be.

I'm curious about how much of the overtly supernatural elements (i.e. the Fisher and the caterpillars) they'll include, or if they'll leave the resurrection unexplained and focus on the characters' handling of it. The latter would not be a bad choice, but I'd be very curious to see how Hvistendahl would depict Death if she decided to include her given how much I've heard about her distinctive visual style.
De höll om varandra i tystnad. Oskar blundade och visste: detta var det största. Ljuset från lyktan i portvalvet trängde svagt in genom hans slutna ögonlock, la en hinna av rött för hans ögon. Det största.

intrige

Re: The Trailer for Handling the Undead has dropped

Post by intrige » Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:18 pm

I hope my small town theatre will show it, doesn't look like it will. Mayabe I'll ask them :D
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

Return to “Handling The Undead”