film adaptation

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel Hanteringen av odöda
Nightrider

Re: film adaptation

Post by Nightrider » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:33 pm

So HtU movie is a no go for now. This probably means that there's problem with either money, script or the direction the film was going to be taken. Creative complications could be just as difficult as financial disagreements. I'm of the opinion that on the film production you better be sure what you have before the filming begins. Perhaps it's just as well. There's a glut of zombie films out there and HtU movie would probably have gotten lost among inferior product. I'm willing to wait.
http://www.aspca.org/

Visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/WeTheInfected

Nobody understands...and of course...how could they?

EEA

Post by EEA » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:34 pm

That's too bad. I would like to see the movie if it ever gets done.

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:44 pm

drakkar wrote:IIRC John talked about considering to ask Kristian Petri to direct HtU, and Tomas Alfredson to direct Harbour.
If we were to spam anyone, it should be Tre Vänner Produktion which decided to go directly for an american version of HtU, which John didn't want to, and blocked, thus delaying the film adaption three years.
*Disclaimer* I'm not seriously advocating that we spam anybody, it was just a joke :D

But I'm right behind John on this, his book-to-film adaptations should be made by a Swedish director, Swedish production, in the Swedish language. They are the product of a Swedish mind and the films should be created that way initially ... and then the rights can be sold to the highest bidder :lol:

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

drakkar

Post by drakkar » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:59 pm

Jameron wrote:*Disclaimer* I'm not seriously advocating that we spam anybody, it was just a joke
As far as I know you, I know. ;)

John was pretty clear on this, I just found the post.
For the heart life is simple. It beats as long as it can.
- Karl Ove Knausgård

gattoparde59

Post by gattoparde59 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:32 am

After reading the epilogue/sequel The Final Processing, (I hate that translation, "final handling" sounds much better) it stuck me that this story could stand alone and be the basis for a movie version. The plot is much more straight forward, while still retaining some of the mystical elements from the first novel. In other words, it would be more appealing to movie producers. :) It is all there for you, a prologue to set things up and it comes back to Flora and Elvy, my two favorite characters.

I'll break open the story and tell you what is there. Then, like the others that have fallen out onto the sand, I will finish with it, and the wind will take it away.

Nisa

EEA

Post by EEA » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:34 am

I agree the epilogue would make a good movie.

Return to “Handling The Undead”