Harbour, Australian Edition

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel Människohamn
editrice

Harbour, Australian Edition

Post by editrice » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:56 am

Just thought I'd let you know that I this morning received two copies of the Australian edition of Harbour, Människohamn. So there is an English translation out there! (incidentally, by a new translator - Marlaine Delargy)

drakkar

Re: Harbour, Australian Edition

Post by drakkar » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:41 am

I like the cover - it tells a different story than the original and I like it.
Any news about the film adaptation of the book?
For the heart life is simple. It beats as long as it can.
- Karl Ove Knausgård

nithr

Post by nithr » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:26 pm

drakkar wrote:I like the cover - it tells a different story than the original and I like it.
Any news about the film adaptation of the book?

isnt jal gonna do a movie adaptation of handling the undead first with some guy then människohamn with thomas? thought i read that in an interview some time ago.

drakkar

Post by drakkar » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:58 pm

Yes, so I read also. But then it went dead silent about the HtU adaptation, but not about the Människohamn film. Last time I heard something about it, it sounded like a question of financing. I don't know anything, though.
For the heart life is simple. It beats as long as it can.
- Karl Ove Knausgård

StefL

Post by StefL » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:20 am

nithr wrote: isnt jal gonna do a movie adaptation of handling the undead first with some guy then människohamn with thomas? thought i read that in an interview some time ago.
"Some guy" is called Kristian Petri (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0677892/) but it's true there hasn't been any updated information made public on this subject in quite a while.

danforth

Post by danforth » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:48 am

I've found a few sites with the book listed, but can't find one that has it available for order. I'm assuming that since you just received them, yourself, that they aren't quite available yet. Just wondering if you know the date on which they will be available. Hopefully soon!

I honestly have never gotten into any book like I have his first two novels. I'm very much hoping for English translations for all of his works at some point.

Anyway, thanks for any info that you can provide!

Doosty

Post by Doosty » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:07 am

I've got my copy of Harbour pre-ordered from amazon.co.uk. It comes out in English in the UK at the end of this month. September 30th I believe? Anyways that's how I'm going to get mine.

danforth

Post by danforth » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:36 am

Doosty wrote:I've got my copy of Harbour pre-ordered from amazon.co.uk. It comes out in English in the UK at the end of this month. September 30th I believe? Anyways that's how I'm going to get mine.
Thanks! For some reason I thought that I had read that it wouldn't be out in the UK for a while. Didn't even occur to me to check for myself. Should have, since that's where I got Handling the Undead.

Thanks again for the info!

Return to “Harbour”