Still one of the best horror novels

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel Lilla Stjärna
CyberGhostface

Still one of the best horror novels

Post by CyberGhostface » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:15 pm

Been a while but 'Little Star' still stands to me as not only Lindqvist's crowning achievement but one of the best horror novels of the past few decades at least. I wish it got more love, hope the upcoming miniseries brings more attention. Whenever someone asks for recommendations this is usually the first one I mention.
No banaaaanas?

danielmann861

Re: Still one of the best horror novels

Post by danielmann861 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:47 pm

I just got done re-reading it for a third time. I hadn’t read it in a few years and wanted to see if it still held up coming off of I Am The Tiger.

It still holds up. It’s f**king better than ever and still stands out as being my favourite of all of John’s work. It is so gloriously f**ed up and utterly compelling in every way.

The burial scene is still absolutely incredible to me and still my favourite thing that JAL has committed to page. And the massacre at the end. Read that section while listening to Thank You For the Music by ABBA and just let the images wash over you :)

Yeah, I love this book. It still holds a huge punch even on third re-read. Very much looking forward to seeing how they handle this upcoming mini series.

Return to “Little Star”