Pappersväggar Short Film

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's short story collection Pappersväggar
drakkar

Re: Pappersväggar Short Film

Post by drakkar » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:19 pm

covenant6452 wrote:But I think he was grieving for his lost mother and it was her who approached and put her hand to his, letting him know everything was alright. Then, he sends the box to her via sea-mail.
The book doesn't say anything about his mother, only that he is visiting his father. When John is about to leave for the box in the evening, the father feels sorrow, but we don't know why.
And - the castle isn't in the book. Instead, John is reading Tintin comics until he is tired; then he goes to sleep and is awakened by the sound of the entity's steps approaching. And the story ends as the entity leaves.
withinfocus wrote:Yeah, I'll have to read it. For anyone interested, there's a story I read a few years ago that I think was written very well by A.S. Byatt, "The Thing in the Forest". It has some similarities to this and I recommend checking it out. It's maybe 20 pages.
The Norwegian edition of Paper walls is only 8 pages long, in the original Swedish paperback a bit shorter due to smaller font.
For the heart life is simple. It beats as long as it can.
- Karl Ove Knausgård

Klesk

Post by Klesk » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm

This is not a good adaption. The spooky mood of the short story is missing. I would be glad to see a good screen adaption of "equinox". In my opinion the best short in Pappersväggar with a very brash and shameless female main character. :lol:
A creature of the night, that carries the light in itself.

Klesk

Post by Klesk » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:31 am

By the way, this short story remineded me of an episode (The idiot box) of Spongebob while reading. :P
A creature of the night, that carries the light in itself.

drakkar

Post by drakkar » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:02 am

Klesk wrote: I would be glad to see a good screen adaption of "equinox". In my opinion the best short in Pappersväggar with a very brash and shameless female main character. :lol:
And "Gräns". This is a very touching story with an ingenoius twist, and in the hands of a good director and film photographer I think it could turn out a very good film.
- Karl Ove Knausgård

intrige

Post by intrige » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:53 pm

I will VERY soon read paper walls. So, I wonder. What is this little story called? If I have got it right, papir walls is full of short storyes?:P
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

drakkar

Post by drakkar » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:47 pm

The film/short story is Pappersväggar, same title as the book, which contains ten (or was it nine) short stories.
- Karl Ove Knausgård

intrige

Post by intrige » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:10 am

Now where did that drawing of a calse come from? Since it wasn't in the short story. Or, why do you think it was there?

drakkar

Post by drakkar » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:53 am

No, the castle was not in the book. I believe it was introduced to explain why John (the boy) was dragging the box out in the wood - to imagine he lived in a castle? Canot think of anything better.
- Karl Ove Knausgård

intrige

Post by intrige » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:04 am

drakkar wrote:No, the castle was not in the book. I believe it was introduced to explain why John (the boy) was dragging the box out in the wood - to imagine he lived in a castle? Canot think of anything better.
A good one :) Most likely ^ ^

z3n

Post by z3n » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:31 pm

If you look closer at the scary scene, you would probably notice that the hand of the "entity" is slightly bigger than John's. John is 9, so i presume the hand belongs to someone (or something) older, maybe 12 more or less. Any thoughts? ;)

ps. Me says hi to all Infected :D

Return to “Paper Walls”