What's the likelihood we will ever get a Special Edition treatment?

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Låt den rätte komma in
danielmann861

What's the likelihood we will ever get a Special Edition treatment?

Post by danielmann861 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:18 am

Getting that Special Edition Hardcover Edition of the Book has made me wonder recently...what's the likelihood that we will ever get a proper Special Edition re-release of the film on Blu or even 4K UHD?

I'm still of the opinion that if it ever should happen I would want Arrow Video or Criterion to be the boutique label to give it some love.

Not to mention, we have 4K UHD now and this feels like a good film to go back to and give a new transfer to for 4K at some point.

Yeah, I'd really love for Arrow Video or Criterion to pick this up at some point and give it the Special Treatment it so lovingly deserves.

My ideal Special Edition would be

-- New 4K Transfer (or new 2K transfer)
-- A retrospective documentary maybe catching up with Tomas Alfredson, John Ajvide Lindqvist, Kare and Lina years removed to discuss the film and the impact it had on them.
-- A couple of video essays would be nice.
-- A booklet (Arrow Video and Criterion always do fine booklets)
-- Maybe something about the many variations of the Stage Play that are out there?
-- Deleted Scenes we didn't see before (I still believe there are more scenes we didn't see on any of the other releases)
-- Maybe an interview with the Editor, Producers or Crew etc (apart of that proposed retrospective)

I don't know...what else would you want to see from a boutique Blu Ray/4K UHD re-release if a boutique label ever put one out?

gkmoberg1

Re: What's the likelihood we will ever get a Special Edition treatment?

Post by gkmoberg1 » Wed May 26, 2021 3:10 am

I'd like to request a scene or two (or three) with Lina getting to do her own lines. Not that dislike Elif Ceylan's voice work. I'm simply curious to see how Lina's voice would be.

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Wed May 26, 2021 6:40 pm

Hmmm, interesting. I guess I'd like a complementary 4k player to replace my ancient BluRay player :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd like to see some more deleted scenes, for sure.

And a catchup on Lina and Kare's works.
"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

CyberGhostface

Post by CyberGhostface » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:19 pm

I’m surprised Criterion hasn’t done it yet.
No banaaaanas?

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:00 am

Whatever is the future possibilities of LTROI Special Edition/Criterion will depend on how the new LTROI Showtime series will do.
http://www.aspca.org/

Visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/WeTheInfected

Nobody understands...and of course...how could they?

Return to “Let The Right One In (Film)”