LTROI TV Series

For discussion of A&E's television show Let The Right One In
NigelNinja

LTROI TV Series

Post by NigelNinja » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:33 pm

Am I the only one that just found out Showtime gave the green light for a pilot adaptation of a LTROI series? 🤯 I'm feeling a certain kind of way about this and I can't really describe it. Part of me is overjoyed at the thought of revisiting JAL's world but im also feeling a big sense of dread of how heartbroken ill be if it's done poorly.
Hit back. Hard.

OandE12

Re: LTROI TV Series

Post by OandE12 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:45 pm

Yeah I hear you apparently their is going to be more vampires reports go and I quote "four new cast members for the series including: Kevin Carroll as Zeke Dawes, described as a a successful restaurant owner who is friends with Mark (Demián Bichir) and knows about Eleanor’s (Madison Taylor Baez) condition; Ian Foreman as Isaiah, "quiet and sensitive...who befriends Eleanor but has no idea the threat she poses;" and Jacob Buster as Peter, "a sweet and funny boy who suffers from the same condition as Eleanor. When his father tests a potential cure on him, it backfires and releases a terrifying monster." https://comicbook.com/horror/news/let-t ... -vampires/ Here's the full backstory if interested hope this helps

JToede

Post by JToede » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:32 am

I am apprehensive about a TV show since they first announce it. I fear they will turn it into a Scooby Doo gang/ Buffy type of show. "Wacky weekly adventures of a gang of vampires and friends solving mysteries."
Veni, Vidi, volo in domum redire.

cmfireflies

Post by cmfireflies » Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:02 am

So I'm guessing all these attempts at a TV series have less to do with people in love with the story and more with the fact that JAL unknowingly sold the rights and now the rights are dirt cheap and just being passed around the industry?
"When is a monster not a monster? Oh, when you love it."

Siggdalos

Post by Siggdalos » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:02 am

There's a couple discussion threads about this in the TV subforum already. The subforum was originally made for the cancelled 2017 TV adaptation, but it think it makes more sense to concentrate the discussion about this new series (if it ends up getting made) to that section rather than splitting it up over several different ones.
De höll om varandra i tystnad. Oskar blundade och visste: detta var det största. Ljuset från lyktan i portvalvet trängde svagt in genom hans slutna ögonlock, la en hinna av rött för hans ögon. Det största.

be-me-a-little

Post by be-me-a-little » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:38 pm

Just heard about this today, I too am having mixed feelings about it. I'm not very into TV shows but I will for sure be checking this out if/when it is made and see what I think :)
perhaps one did not want to be loved so much as to be understood

Pissball

Post by Pissball » Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:53 pm

Already commented in the thread of the television series.
It's yet another very watered-down, non-horror (apart from the bloodsucking thing) adaptation .

To follow that path, I would prefer a Swedish television series, with more emphasis on those things that did not make it to the film.
By the way, I'm going to start watching "Fanny & Alexander" (the TV version) 8-)

Return to “Let The Right One In (Television Series)”