A Sceptic who Saw the Light

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Låt den rätte komma in
PeteMork

A Sceptic who Saw the Light

Post by PeteMork » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:34 am

A review by someone who eventually got it right. ;)
https://www.tor.com/2021/10/25/let-the- ... t-is-love/
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

Jameron

Re: A Sceptic who Saw the Light

Post by Jameron » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:36 am

(BTW: If you’re flashing now on Twilight, I want you to go to your room and think about what you’ve done.) :lol:

Nice article.

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:00 am

Impressive! I read through parts more than once.

I vote we wave our typical free membership fee and extend an offer, on the house *.

danielmann861

Post by danielmann861 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:47 pm

I mean it's not entirely hard to see the manipulation theory in the film on the surface. I mean if you've never read the book and were just looking at the film on the surface, you could totally see the manipulation theory at work. But look a little closer like this writer did and you'll see it's actually a very receptive and mutual bond between them :) For me, the horror of the story was moreso that it was Oskar shredding his attachment to humanity and embracing the killer inside him by being with Eli. (that doesn't mean he loses his humanity entirely, but he does sever all ties to humanity to be with Eli come the end and there is indeed some horror to that depending on how you look at it)

Great piece though. I saw this on Facebook. A Facebook friend of mine knows my infinite love for this film and shared it with me.

Return to “Let The Right One In (Film)”