Film Memorabilia

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Låt den rätte komma in
jcckidz

Re: Film Memorabilia

Post by jcckidz » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:15 am

gkmoberg1 wrote:Registration Form, Eli's Tuque Sharing Schedule
What does "tuque" mean? It wasn't in my dictionary.

gattoparde59

Post by gattoparde59 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:10 am

Watch this to the end and you'll get the idea. Like that one winter when is was so cussing cold, we wore our tuques all the time . . .

I'll break open the story and tell you what is there. Then, like the others that have fallen out onto the sand, I will finish with it, and the wind will take it away.

Nisa

Marlow

Post by Marlow » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:03 am

Gattoparde59,
That's not a tuque, eh. Direct poor jcckidz to the real McKenzie brothers, you hoser! :P

It is my understanding that a tuque is a knit cap and further more usually without a top tassel. I am not Canadian and only Canadians can truly wear a tuque. Oskar's brown stripe knit hat from LTROI qualifies. Eli's hat would also, if it didn't have the wrong flag. Then again, maybe as an American, I can't know what a tuque truly is, I mean after all, I think bacon is long and crispy and not round.
Du luktar konstigt

LegendaryArtist

Post by LegendaryArtist » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:25 am

If I could have one memorabilia from the movie, it would have to be Oskar's scarf. I just really love scarfs and if I had Oskar's I would probably never take it off.

My other choices would be Oskars brown winter coat, his blue shirt or the Rubiks Cube.
Eli held out his arms, laid them against Oskar's cheeks, brought his face closer.
"Be me a little."
And kissed him.

jcckidz

Post by jcckidz » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:10 am

Oh, thanks, I get it now. I also googled it. I have a favorite tuque here at home, although I'm American, not Canadian.

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:38 am

Does anyone know where his scarf went? Was it ever put up for auction or sale?

djrees56

Post by djrees56 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:59 pm

gattoparde59 wrote:Watch this to the end and you'll get the idea. Like that one winter when is was so cussing cold, we wore our tuques all the time . . .
jcckidz wrote:
gkmoberg1 wrote:Registration Form, Eli's Tuque Sharing Schedule

Good questions.When I was a kid the idea of owning something that was on the silver screen was exciting to me and the more I learned about these items the more I realized how out of reach they were.
I guess I like to collect film props because they were actually there in the story...fuzzies and all :D
Your collection is nothing to be ashamed of...You possess at least 3 items that I consider a holy grail of film prop collecting![/quote]

Thanks Nighrider :D Movie props taste better when you share them :D :lol:[/quote]

Oh, awesome djrees56! I can read what you're saying. No problem. Let me help get things going.

Registration Form, Eli's Tuque Sharing Schedule
1. gkmoberg1

:D[/quote]

:lol: Good idea gkmoberg1

Were looking for the guy in the video.He suffers from "Iliveintheeighties" and he needs help.Canadians stopped talking like that after it was made illegal for comedians on a television show to provide a country with an identity :D

XinkUK

Post by XinkUK » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:45 pm

LegendaryArtist wrote:If I could have one memorabilia from the movie, it would have to be Oskar's scarf. I just really love scarfs and if I had Oskar's I would probably never take it off.

My other choices would be Oskars brown winter coat, his blue shirt or the Rubiks Cube.

Just a quick update on the where-abouts of one of the Props from the movie Folks...
I was tempted to buy Oscar's stripey jumper from the Prop Store a few months ago but, although it is a very distinctive item, it was only used for a very small amount of time in the film, at the start and do I went for the Blue T-shirt which was £100 cheaper on their site and is used for almost 5 minutes during the end of the movie.

I've just got it back from a framing company based somewhere in the Midlands (thankfully they took good care of it as I'm based in the North east!) :D
and here is the final result.

mackousko

Post by mackousko » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:13 pm

Cool! ;)

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:19 pm

mackousko wrote:Cool! ;)
It's very, very, very cool!!!
http://www.aspca.org/

Visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/WeTheInfected

Nobody understands...and of course...how could they?

Return to “Let The Right One In (Film)”