Interview With Johan Söderqvist

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Låt den rätte komma in
Jimm

Re: Interview With Johan Söderqvist

Post by Jimm » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:11 am

Nice interview woofy

He is such a talented composer and musician
He truly did found the "musical world" of the film and it just made the movie perfect and beautiful :)

hillerr

Post by hillerr » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:13 am

You can listen to clips from some of his other movie scores at his web page. Nice clips here and you'll get a 'feel' for his intuitive musical compositions. I especially like the song from his Agnes Cecilia score. Not as good as his Let The Right One In score but hey, that's probably my favorite movie score, period.

http://www.johansoderqvist.com/music.html

EDIT: Folks, there's some really pretty music on Johan's site. Check it out, especially if you enjoy 'mood music'.

Harls

Post by Harls » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:58 am

N.R. Gasan wrote:In an effort to even things out, I feel compelled to say that I still think Woofy is a she. Just putting it out there. :)
You get that feeling too, eh? :D Still, I think Woofy does a fantastic job of keeping this fansite in order.

Thanks for a great interview with JS Woofy; it answered a lot of questions I had... :D
'Lucky is he who has such a friend...'

DMt.

Post by DMt. » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:02 pm

Hmmm...not many ladies drink single malts...on the other hand, the ones that do are usually interesting. :D

Struan

Post by Struan » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:29 pm

cmfireflies wrote:I didn't know you did interviews, Wolfy! Really cool work. Now I'm curious what else you have planned...
One can dream, no?
I can think of a couple of people who'd also make great interview material... *wink wink*
In a gloomy empty land, with dreary hills ahead.

N.R. Gasan

Post by N.R. Gasan » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:28 am

Harls wrote:
N.R. Gasan wrote:In an effort to even things out, I feel compelled to say that I still think Woofy is a she. Just putting it out there. :)
You get that feeling too, eh? :D Still, I think Woofy does a fantastic job of keeping this fansite in order.
DMt. wrote:Hmmm...not many ladies drink single malts...on the other hand, the ones that do are usually interesting. :D
OK...I'm gonna stick my neck out and make a prediction. Well, two actually. First, one day Woofy is going to reveal his/her gender to us. And the second is my prediction as to that gender. I base my deductions on the following: Woofy is tough but protective, organized yet sensitive, intelligent and artistic. And we know that Woof has a spouse and children. So...my prediction: Woofy is either a)A woman or b)A gay man. Think about it. We know that Woofy lives in "the San Fransisco bay area" -- arguably the gay capitol of the world -- and in California the laws on adoption are more liberal than in other parts of the U.S.

Now, I hope by now everyone here knows me well enough to realize that I've said none of this as a put-down or to be a smart-a$$. It's just that, if/when Woof shares his/her status with us, I want to be able to say, "YES! I got it right!" Of course, I could end up being dead-wrong and looking really STUPID. But, hey, like they say: "No guts, no glory."

But even if Woof remains a mystery for always, I will always hold our esteemed host/hostess in the highest regard. And that's no prediction, that's a fact. :)

cmfireflies

Post by cmfireflies » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:39 am

this is all in good fun so wolfy don't ban me :)

IMO Wolfy is definitely a man. I base this solely on stereotypes. I remember Wolfy posting something about having to miss watching LtROI in a theater because it was also Wolfy's anniversary and Wolfy's spouse made it clear that it was unacceptable to cancel plans to watch a movie or something. I think women tend to be the ones who are really into celebrating anniversaries and men tend to get worry more when wives/girlfriends socialize with other men.

We should get a pool going. But I'm sure one or a few infected must already know.
"When is a monster not a monster? Oh, when you love it."

TΛPETRVE

Post by TΛPETRVE » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:41 am

Part of his life is quite easy to look up on teh intarwebz, but I won't get into detail.
Att fly är livet, att dröja döden.

Do not ask why; ask why not.

Return to “Let The Right One In (Film)”