How did you discover LTROI?

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Låt den rätte komma in
lor.s

Re: How did you discover LTROI?

Post by lor.s » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:09 pm

LostBoysFan wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:53 am
10-year old me saw commerials for Let Me In in the summertime and it scared me. Then around September 2010 I believe, I found an article on Yahoo called The Best Vampire Movies of All Time. When I saw the picture of Eli I was creeped out but intrigued. A little while later, I watched the trailer for LTROI, and I was so freaked out by it (didn’t really watch horror movies before) that I ended up having a dream about it. 😂 I dreamt that I was in the movie trailer and I saw Eli standing in the snow looking at me. I woke up so freaked out.I thought she was going to attack me. 😣😂 I thought about it for a long time. Think I was kind of scared to play in snow after that. 😂 Looking back, I really wanted to watch the movie, but I was scared to ask my family if I could buy the DVD online. I know I was too young back then, but I wish I watched it sooner. Ended up watching it a few years later. I want to watch the movie again to revisit and read the book. Tbh I do remember reading about the plot on Wikipedia and watching scenes on YouTube, spoiling the plot for myself... But then I think I did forget about that a little bit when I finally saw it a few years later. I think I was so intrigued because it’s about two kids, and I was a kid at the time. Had 10-year old me thinking “DANG, Sweden’s scary!!!” It actually got me to learn more about Sweden and its history! A 10-year old Romani kid in The States. 😆

That’s the end of my kind of embarrassing childhood memory. 😆

Great Story, LostBoy ;)

LostBoysFan

Post by LostBoysFan » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:16 pm

Haha, thank you! 😆😆I also remember watching the trailer for The Lost Boys at the same time as LTROI! I regret not watching them both sooner.
Last edited by LostBoysFan on Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:44 pm

Read an Ebert review in 2009. Made me wonder who the "wrong one" might be, but the creepy title stuck with me until I watched it on a streaming channel in 2013. Fell in love with Eli at 11 minutes into it on the jungle gym.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Return to “Let The Right One In (Film)”