How did you discover LTROI?

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Låt den rätte komma in
jcckidz

Re: How did you discover LTROI?

Post by jcckidz » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:53 pm

Welcome, ColdWickedMoon. It's great to have another infected, especially one who's been infected for a while now. How did you discover the site?

Also, Totengeist, looks like I've missed you in my browsing and posting here. Belated welcome to you!

Zoethevampire.com

Post by Zoethevampire.com » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:34 pm

I first discovered the movie in film school a classmate showed me a youtube clip (the part where they put hands on the door) I went home and added it to my Netflix instant que that night but never got around to actually watching it till after seeing the US version, minutes after finishing it I went on Netflix and watched the original. I think I've seen both at least 5 times each as well as read the book now 2 or 3 times.
Best vampire story ever.

EEA

Post by EEA » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:44 pm

Welcome to all the new members. :)

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:02 am

Zoethevampire.com wrote:I first discovered the movie in film school a classmate showed me a youtube clip (the part where they put hands on the door) I went home and added it to my Netflix instant que that night but never got around to actually watching it till after seeing the US version, minutes after finishing it I went on Netflix and watched the original. I think I've seen both at least 5 times each as well as read the book now 2 or 3 times.
Best vampire story ever.
Welcome Zoethevampire. The WTI forum is a lot of fun.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

gattoparde59

Post by gattoparde59 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:08 am

Zoethevampire.com wrote:I first discovered the movie in film school a classmate showed me a youtube clip (the part where they put hands on the door) I went home and added it to my Netflix instant que that night but never got around to actually watching it till after seeing the US version, minutes after finishing it I went on Netflix and watched the original. I think I've seen both at least 5 times each as well as read the book now 2 or 3 times.
Best vampire story ever.
Hello :)

I'll break open the story and tell you what is there. Then, like the others that have fallen out onto the sand, I will finish with it, and the wind will take it away.

Nisa

jcckidz

Post by jcckidz » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:09 am

Welcome, Zoethevampire. Glad you've been infected by this masterpiece.

Doctor Mak

Post by Doctor Mak » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:33 am

Hello.

About two years ago, a close friend came to me talking about this vampire movie that had very good reviews and stuff. I was like "Meh" and he was like "It will be awesome!"

After the end of the movie he was like "Meh" and I was mesmerized like "Oh my! I loved everything in this movie!" minus the cats scene haha

Bloody Mary

Post by Bloody Mary » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:03 am

I don't remember. :( It would be nice if I could celebrate my Oskeli anniversary. I might have been bored and Googling vampire lit and movies.
"Do not go gentle into that good night . . . Rage, rage against the dying of the light." -Dylan Thomas

Misteak

Post by Misteak » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:17 pm

I was browsing deviantArt, back in 2010.
I think it was a poem about poetry, by VampiricBunny - now she's deleted all of her poems because of theft, apparently.
She mentioned something about LtROI (the book) in the comments section and I decided to get the book because I liked her poem. I actually wrote the poem down in one of my notebooks, for later, and I'm glad that I did.

note to self: scan poem and post it here.

Anyway, I started reading and was immediately gripped by the story, the characters, the dark and oppressive setting. I only got to watch the film sometime after I finished the book. Now I've come back to it, read the novel in about 3 days, rewatched the movie 3 times and I'm in love again.

Bloody Mary

Post by Bloody Mary » Thu May 22, 2014 4:33 pm

Recently, I was trying to recall where I had heard of it, because it was bothering me that I couldn't remember. Think it might have been here: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/guides/be ... popup=true
"Do not go gentle into that good night . . . Rage, rage against the dying of the light." -Dylan Thomas

Return to “Let The Right One In (Film)”