How did you discover LTROI?

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Låt den rätte komma in
dongregg

Re: How did you discover LTROI?

Post by dongregg » Fri May 23, 2014 3:44 am

Misteak wrote:I was browsing deviantArt, back in 2010.
I think it was a poem about poetry, by VampiricBunny - now she's deleted all of her poems because of theft, apparently.
She mentioned something about LtROI (the book) in the comments section and I decided to get the book because I liked her poem. I actually wrote the poem down in one of my notebooks, for later, and I'm glad that I did.

note to self: scan poem and post it here.

Anyway, I started reading and was immediately gripped by the story, the characters, the dark and oppressive setting. I only got to watch the film sometime after I finished the book. Now I've come back to it, read the novel in about 3 days, rewatched the movie 3 times and I'm in love again.
Wuff. I just put in "VampiricBunny poems" and not only found the deviant art stuff but some poems, too. Note to yourself: Yes, please share that poem with us!
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Alice?Maybe

Post by Alice?Maybe » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:12 pm

I came to LTROI through LMI. I've been interested in Chloe Moretz work, very prolific. I really liked Hick and Texas Killing Fields, she plays the lost girl fairly well. So I watched LMI. It is disturbing on so many levels, I loved it. That led me to LTROI movie and book. As I don't speak Swedish I saw it with subtitles, which can detract from watching. Then I watched it again, and again. Like 8 times in the past two weeks since I first found it. Read the book, on kindle, twice (I really was a hard copy as the e-book formatting is off and I'm not sure the whole book was there.)

Yes, I am infected. Was when I first saw LMI.
"I'm not a girl" (except when I am)

Marlow

Post by Marlow » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:42 am

Welcome Alice?Maybe.
Du luktar konstigt

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:03 am

Alice?Maybe wrote:I came to LTROI through LMI. I've been interested in Chloe Moretz work, very prolific. I really liked Hick and Texas Killing Fields, she plays the lost girl fairly well. So I watched LMI. It is disturbing on so many levels, I loved it. That led me to LTROI movie and book. As I don't speak Swedish I saw it with subtitles, which can detract from watching. Then I watched it again, and again. Like 8 times in the past two weeks since I first found it. Read the book, on kindle, twice (I really was a hard copy as the e-book formatting is off and I'm not sure the whole book was there.)

Yes, I am infected. Was when I first saw LMI.
Welcome! You do sound Infected. So sorry to hear of your infliction. :evil:

Yes, Chloë Moretz has done very well in such a large number of films. I had been unaware of her until LMI. Since then I've seen her in Carrie, Kick-Ass, Hugo and Dark Shadows. She's impressive in all except Dark Shadows - which may have been more the Producer's fault than hers. I thought she did a very good job in Carrie. I'm not sure she was right lead for the role, but I don't blame her performance at all.

LMI _is_ disturbing in many levels! It is impressive how the subtle shifts that this movie puts into the story have such an effect. What I really want is for another studio to make yet another remake of LTROI. For now, LMI stands out too starkly against the original movie and novel as the outsider.

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:33 pm

Hello, Alice?Maybe. Welcome to We The Infected :D

I too liked Hick (apart from the ending which was a bit weak), but yeah, Chloe certainly could have a great career if she continues to choose the right parts, and by that I mean the less ordinary and more interesting roles.

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:56 pm

Greetings, Alice?Maybe ... Your comment about having watched LTROI multiple times in a short time reminds me of how I felt more years ago after I saw it for the first time..you are definitely infected! :D

Alice?Maybe

Post by Alice?Maybe » Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:12 pm

Thank you all for the warm welcome
"I'm not a girl" (except when I am)

Daniel Ether

Post by Daniel Ether » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:49 pm

Greetings and welcome from me too! :D

Alice?Maybe

Post by Alice?Maybe » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:43 am