How did you discover LTROI?

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Låt den rätte komma in
Totengeist

Re: How did you discover LTROI?

Post by Totengeist » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:10 pm

RapeSoul wrote:I was looking through IMDB for some good interesting movies to watch, came across Let The Right One In, I added it to my watchlist. Then about a year later I came across Let Me In on IMDB, sounded like an interesting concept, so I saw it, and absolutely loved it. Saw it a few more times after than within the same week, and then I googled it. I found out that it was kind of a remake of a Swedish movie titled Let The Right One In, so I looked it up on IMDB and realized that it's in my watchlist. I didn't watch it for like a month because of how in love I was (still am) with Let Me In. I didn't want to watch it and then prefer it to Let The Right One In, since I saw that everyone was saying how much better it is. I watch it and really liked it, then I watched it again, and I loved it. Then I decided to give the book a try, and I loved it. I love both movies, but I still prefer Let Me In, and not just because I saw it first, love them both so much though. When I bought the book, I decided to go with the Let The Right One In version because the movie and the book and very alike, and Let Me In is a different from these two.
This is pretty close to how it happened to me, though I think I saw a trailer for Let Me In somewhere and added it to my looooooong Netflix queue. I expected a horror film, but what I got was much better. From there I went to LTROI and the book. I read the Let Me In tie-in comic too, but got about what I expected out of it. I have LTODD on the Kindle app, but work has kind of commandeered my life recently.

I watched Let Me In a dozen times the first two weeks, then watched LTROI 4 or 5 times after that, though in the past few weeks I've been itching to watch it again. Unlike most people, it seems, I like both movies equally, though for different reasons. The main reason I watch LMI more is that I don't have to read subtitles, and therefore I can multitask better with it.

intrige

Post by intrige » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:04 am

Welcome to the forum.
The multitasking one I sure am glad to be scandinavian who also knows english fairly well ;)Never thought of that problem before. Though, many of the non-scandinavian infected here who has been around for a while don't need subs on LTROI anymore, they know in swedish what is being said. Pretty neat!
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

ColdWickedMoon

Post by ColdWickedMoon » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:40 am

Back in '09 I was browsing though a true crime forum, the moderator mentioned LTROI, it piqued my interest so I bought the DVD. One thing led to another and then I got the book. Then i realized I was thoroughly infected!
Cupid's arrows are poison tipped.

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:01 am

ColdWickedMoon wrote:Back in '09 I was browsing though a true crime forum, the moderator mentioned LTROI, it piqued my interest so I bought the DVD. One thing led to another and then I got the book. Then i realized I was thoroughly infected!
Hi and welcome!

What do you think about the film, now that you have read the novel?

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:58 pm

Hey ColdWickedMoon, welcome to WTI.

May your infection remain strong :D

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:23 pm

ColdWickedMoon wrote:Back in '09 I was browsing though a true crime forum, the moderator mentioned LTROI, it piqued my interest so I bought the DVD. One thing led to another and then I got the book. Then i realized I was thoroughly infected!
You sound pretty much infected. Welcome to the forum!
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

JToede

Post by JToede » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:16 am

So "Long Time Infected, First Time Post"
Veni, Vidi, volo in domum redire.

gattoparde59

Post by gattoparde59 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:36 am

Hello ColdWickedMoon and welcome to another infected. :)

I'll break open the story and tell you what is there. Then, like the others that have fallen out onto the sand, I will finish with it, and the wind will take it away.

Nisa

Daniel Ether

Post by Daniel Ether » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:53 pm

Hello and Welcome from me too ColdWickedMoon :)

Pitti

Post by Pitti » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:11 am

Welcome to the infected :D Your profile pic looks familiar ^^
"I'm like you.- What are you staring at? Well? Are you looking at me?-Those were the first words I heard you say.Please Oskar... Be me, for a little while."

Return to “Let The Right One In (Film)”