Seasons greetings from the author

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Låt den rätte komma in
gary13136

Re: Seasons greetings from the author

Post by gary13136 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:52 pm

Thanks for the greetings. God Jul!
One example of democracy in action is 5 wolves and 1 sheep voting on what to have for lunch.--Anonymous

genie47

Post by genie47 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:45 am

......... :shock:

......... :shock:

OK I'll reckon this is really John. Merry Christmas and thank you for creating the characters and the story that got us all reminded what it is to be 12 all over again.

Don't let all that is said stop you from writing the epilogue.

I will be looking forward to all the English translated versions of your upcoming books.
Låt den rätte komma in in both its printed and celluloid form is a slow acting poison. You will be poisoned white. White from arsenic and innocence.

To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage. - Lao Tzu

TheVoxHumanus

Post by TheVoxHumanus » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:42 am

Hi John!

Thank you very much for making a story I sincerely enjoyed, and for making characters I could relate to and love. I know everyone here is grateful too.

Thank you also for giving me a story that I feel is written well enough that I can learn from it -- it's meant a ton to me as a fledgling writer and has given me many a jumping-off point to explore my own voice, motivations, perspectives, etc.

I sincerely appreciate the effort that went into making these characters and the story they live in.

I hope some day you can read my stories too, and I hope you enjoy them as much as I've enjoyed yours.

Merry Christmas!

cmfireflies

Post by cmfireflies » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:47 am

Hi John
As others have already said, thank you so much for creating such wonderful characters. Let the Right One In has touched me deeply and I'm really looking forward to the epilogue!
"When is a monster not a monster? Oh, when you love it."

N.R. Gasan

Post by N.R. Gasan » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:24 am

Hmmm...I so want this to be the real JAL, but the Internet is a tricky place; too much opportunity for deception by people with too much time on their hands and too little integrity in their persons. I think I will wait until Wolf can somehow confirm whether this is a post from the real JAL, before I get too bowled over.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if this post turns out to be legit. It only makes sense that JAL would be curious to see what fruits have been bourne by his writings. And this website, with its forums, has been around since April of this year.

So...if you're a fraud: Shame on you, especially at the Holidays.

If you are the real JAL: I would like to join my fellow Infected in saying, first, Seasons Greetings back to you. Sincerely. It truly is kind of you, and thoughtful, to acknowledge "We, The Infected" and the efforts of those who have posted here; a great Christmas gift to the members of Team Eli.

I hope I don't attract the ire of my teammates when I voice what seems to be a minority opinion regarding ”Let The Old Dreams Die”: Please don't publish it. I admit, it's purely selfish on my part, but I can't help but think that I speak for other fans as well when I say that I already have definite ideas as to what happens to Eli and Oskar after the novel/movie ends. Of course, it is your right to make any addition to the story you wish. But I ask you to bear in mind that -- and this is how I see it -- since you are the author, your word is LAW (or, rather, words, in this case). Your story can't just be brushed aside like an ordinary fanfic; what you decide for Eli and Oskar is "real"...and binding.

By the way, I like the way you referenced Paulie Walnuts. LOL (For those who don't know, Paulie was one of the mobsters on the popular cable series "The Sopranos.") Overall, I like your sense of humor, John; you have a wry wit. :) Again, thank you for stopping by; I -- we -- hope to hear from you again. All the best to you and yours.

Lacenaire

Post by Lacenaire » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:03 am

N.R. Gasan wrote:Hmmm...I so want this to be the real JAL, but the Internet is a tricky place; too much opportunity for deception by people with too much time on their hands and too little integrity in their persons. I think I will wait until Wolf can somehow confirm whether this is a post from the real JAL, before I get too bowled over.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if this post turns out to be legit. It only makes sense that JAL would be curious to see what fruits have been bourne by his writings. And this website, with its forums, has been around since April of this year.

So...if you're a fraud: Shame on you, especially at the Holidays.
Actually, I have no doubts that the post is from whom it claims to be - there are just too many things about it that seem exactly right. However, in the extremely unlikely event of it being a brilliant impersonation I would not hold it against the "impostor". He would have made lots of people happy and he must be incredibly knowledgeable about the real JAL and his work - he would be probably excellently qualified to write "Let the Old Dreams Die". ;-)

Personally, I would very much like to read it. I read the book a long time ago and carelessly and my idea of Eli and Oskar comes exclusively from the film. (I will re-read the book carefully next month). There are many films that I have seen based on books which make much more drastic changes than is the case in LTROI and in no case do I feel that the book is a "holy writ" so I do not think I would feel in this way in this case. But my curiosity has been greatly aroused and never seeing it would be worse than never finding out how to solve the Rubik's cube. ;-)
I have often remarked that some many things in LTROI are so ambiguous that is like a mirror: When people try to fill in the blanks, they end up filling them in with themselves. 
Wolfchild

jetboy

Post by jetboy » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:33 am

Wow this is too cool!! Thank you for your wonderful story and for posting to us fans! Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

TΛPETRVE

Post by TΛPETRVE » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:28 am

Now I'm just waiting for Woofie to leave his comment here :D .
Att fly är livet, att dröja döden.

Do not ask why; ask why not.

gareth1971

Post by gareth1971 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:01 am

This could be the most awesome post I have read here - if it really is John. I too would like to think it is, but there was a fraudster on facebook posing as Lina.

So here's hoping you and your family have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. The characters you have created have inspired me to start a family of my own, something I thought I would never want, and for that I thank you.

drakkar

Post by drakkar » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:47 am

TAPETRVE wrote:Now I'm just waiting for Woofie to leave his comment here :D .
It could be he is doing some research ...:)
For the heart life is simple. It beats as long as it can.
- Karl Ove Knausgård

Return to “Let The Right One In (Film)”