Puzzle I just made

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Låt den rätte komma in
dongregg

Re: Puzzle I just made

Post by dongregg » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:30 pm

It seems like it could be fun, but the rotation is way too slow. Perhaps because my computer is old.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:29 am

dongregg wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:30 pm
It seems like it could be fun, but the rotation is way too slow. Perhaps because my computer is old.
Yeah, I think that might be your PC, or maybe your internet is a bit sluggish 🤷‍♂️. It's practically instant for me.

Edit. I don't know why that emoji is gender signed. It wasn't like that when I created the post?

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

metoo

Post by metoo » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:54 am

Jameron wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:29 am
Edit. I don't know why that emoji is gender signed. It wasn't like that when I created the post?
When I open a quotation reply on your posting, I get the same shrugging man emoji as you saw when you were composing your message.

Apparently this emoji is an "Emoji ZWJ Sequence", i.e. "a combination of multiple emojis which display as a single emoji on supported platforms".

https://emojipedia.org/man-shrugging/
https://emojipedia.org/emoji-zwj-sequence/

Perhaps the forum engine doesn't handle these correctly?
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:27 pm

Interesting. And well above my pay grade :D

It was the Microsoft emoji I used by hitting the Windows key and the full stop key (period key for American English speakers). The selection from this site doesn't have a shrugging person and it was an experiment to see if it worked, or was blocked.

Thanks for the education.

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

metoo

Post by metoo » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:05 pm

For some reason your emoji "shrugging man" is replaced with this image:Image + the ♂️sign.

My best explanation is that the forum software recognises the character sequence indicating the emoji as something that not all platforms support, and therefore it outputs an svg image instead. Unfortunately, it misses that the "male" sign is part of the emoji, and instead of a shrugging man it displays a shrugging woman + the male sign! :)

Furthermore, the shrugging woman should correctly have been an image of a genderless person. (Shrugging genderless person + male = shrugging man, obviously.)
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:13 pm

How odd. Maybe @Wolfchild can get to the bottom of this

CyberGhostface

Post by CyberGhostface » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:24 pm

No banaaaanas?

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:14 pm

Jameron wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:16 am

On a side note, would it be too much to introduce the rotatable pieces option?

This one https://www.jigsawplanet.com/?rc=play&pid=204ee967e8ef only has 15 pieces and they are rotatable by right clicking on the piece.

Let me know if this is too much.

It took me a while to figure out how to rotate pieces on this one. It went smoothly after that. I had to left click on the piece and, while holding it, right click on it to get it to rotate.
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:22 pm

gkmoberg1 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:00 pm
Jameron wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:25 am
No-one should be surprised by this jigsaw's origin

https://www.jigsawplanet.com/?rc=play&pid=170436c256bb

I'm working on this one. It is d i f f i c u l t !! I'm at 32 mins and have about 1/3rd in place
It's the background that makes this one even more difficult. It matches too many of the pieces in tone. Finished it in 59:43 :shock:
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:00 pm

CyberGhostface wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:24 pm
First puzzle I've done in a while.

https://www.jigsawplanet.com/?rc=play&pid=0b187d6b55fa
Welcome back to the fold :D

Return to “Let The Right One In (Film)”