Saw Let Me In, loved it. Then I saw LTROI, fell in love with it.

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Låt den rätte komma in
Elitheeternal

Saw Let Me In, loved it. Then I saw LTROI, fell in love with it.

Post by Elitheeternal » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:14 am

After watching LTROI left a feeling for me that has been lasting for weeks now. I dont recall watching any films before that has touched me like LTROI did. Its the most beautiful love story i have ever heard or seen on tv. I even wrote a film analysis for my visual art class. Anyone else feel this way about the film?

JToede

Re: Saw Let Me In, loved it. Then I saw LTROI, fell in love with it.

Post by JToede » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:46 am

Welcome!
You are definitely Infected. There are a few here that feel the same. Even after all this time, I'm still enamored with the story. If you haven't read the book, you really should.
Veni, Vidi, volo in domum redire.

intrige

Post by intrige » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:45 pm

ARE YOU KIDDING ME, WE ALL DO! It took me at least five years to get to a "normal sane person who's a fan" level. I know everything that happens in the movie so I don't really watch it anymore. Same with the book. But it's here. I have at least 2 digital copys and one DVD, a norwegian and wedish adition of the book and one in english on the computer. Also I have "Let the old dreams die" the written epiologue on audiobook in swedish. Gad I'm a nerd. Others here have made shrines of this stuff, like posters and T-shirts and endles copys of the film and book. So YEAH WE KNOW WHAT YOU ARE FEELING. Too bad most of us are lurkers now, but oh man, a hand full of years ago you would have seen the glory and creativity that spread its wings so wide even the author posted on the forum and complimetned it on his official website.

I mean.. Mhm :)

Welcome :) New meat is always neat :twisted:
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

Wolfchild

Post by Wolfchild » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:22 am

Elitheeternal wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:14 am
After watching LTROI left a feeling for me that has been lasting for weeks now. I dont recall watching any films before that has touched me like LTROI did. Its the most beautiful love story i have ever heard or seen on tv. I even wrote a film analysis for my visual art class. Anyone else feel this way about the film?
Absolutely. It took me quite a while to convince myself that there wasn't something wrong with me to be moved like this by a film. This web site is the landing place for people like us who have been ensnared by this story.

Welcome.
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:57 am

I first saw the film in Swedish with good English subs. A few minutes into the film, which I had DVR'd from Show Time, I yelled to my wife to come watch it with me. Twelve minutes in, when Eli cocks her head and says, "What are you doing?" I was hooked for life.

I have all of the stuff, like intrige was saying--BluRay, streaming from Amazon, soundtrack, the novel in English, and Let the Old Dreams Die in English and Swedish. Two different kinds of t-shirts, a coffee mug that says WWED (What would Eli do). A great photo book of Blackeberg, Staden i skogen (The Town in the Forest). And just to extend the time I can spend with Oskar and Eli, I write fan fictions.

BTW, cool that you joined the forum on Halloween!
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:58 am

Welcome! You are definitely among friends here. I've been a member for nine years now. The infection has morphed many times, but still has a firm grip on me. Like dongregg, I also expressed some of my love for Eli and Oskar by writing volumes of Fan Fiction. Be sure to check out the Fan Art section too. It's inspiring, to say the least. ;)
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

Elitheeternal

Post by Elitheeternal » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:11 am

Thanks for replying guys, glad I'm not the only one. I was starting to think something is wrong with me :D

I seem to keep going back to watching Eli and Oskar scenes from LTROI on YouTube , I have probably watched each of them like 25 times.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:27 am

Well, Ilytheeternal, your love of this dear film parallels so many of our forum members experiences. I became enthralled with how the film worked for me, such as by watching it with the sound off all the way through, and ditto with the screen minimized so I only heard the sounds--dogs barking, cars and a bus, and a world of sounds that just slide past when you're mainly watching.

Listening to the soundtrack and always getting choked up.

I never asked "what's wrong with me" that a lot of others asked themselves. I already know what's wrong with me. I only ask what's wrong with the folks for whom it's just another "pretty good movie." :D

I could go on, but you get the picture. And welcome again to the forum.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Elitheeternal

Post by Elitheeternal » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:33 pm

dongregg wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:27 am
Well, Ilytheeternal, your love of this dear film parallels so many of our forum members experiences. I became enthralled with how the film worked for me, such as by watching it with the sound off all the way through, and ditto with the screen minimized so I only heard the sounds--dogs barking, cars and a bus, and a world of sounds that just slide past when you're mainly watching.

Listening to the soundtrack and always getting choked up.

I never asked "what's wrong with me" that a lot of others asked themselves. I already know what's wrong with me. I only ask what's wrong with the folks for whom it's just another "pretty good movie." :D

I could go on, but you get the picture. And welcome again to the forum.
The soundtrack is just so beautiful and it matches perfectly with mood of the movie. How come the composer of the music not huge after creating such masterpiece? I guess life isnt fair :D

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:15 pm

Elitheeternal wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:14 am
Anyone else feel this way... ha! I suppose :think: :wub:

Any chance you'll share your film analysis with us? 8-)

And -duh- Welcome to the forum! May you affliction last a long long time :twisted:

Return to “Let The Right One In (Film)”