Hello LTROI Fan's From Your Newest Member

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Låt den rätte komma in
andmker

Hello LTROI Fan's From Your Newest Member

Post by andmker » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:35 pm

Hello everyone :)

Just wanted to drop a message and say "hi" and to express my joy at finding this forum. Let The Right One In is likely the best movie I have ever seen (I also enjoyed the book and to some extend the film remake Let Me In).

Its such a beautiful, haunting, gripping and intelligent masterpiece - but what really makes it special is the cast. Lina's talents are second to none - she can convey pain, mystery or joy and wonder in just her facial expressions. Kare Hedebrant plays a complex character so well and the chemistry between him and Lina is....well brilliant :)

I've spent hours going through the forum, enjoying reading and catching up with what you all have posted. Until now I had little luck in finding fans of LTROI, a few groups on FB that seem inactive and friends who have never heard of the movie (their loss).

Sorry for the hyper rant :D Just happy to find this amazing movie has such a following.

PeteMork

Re: Hello LTROI Fan's From Your Newest Member

Post by PeteMork » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:23 pm

As you can see, it's enduring too. Welcome to the forum!
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

andmker

Post by andmker » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:31 pm

Thanks and I love it :)

My mission in life is to get all my friends to watch it.

I've been so impressed with all the posts, comments and content here.... going to get me a while to get through it all.

NigelNinja

Post by NigelNinja » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:51 pm

andmker wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:31 pm
Thanks and I love it :)

My mission in life is to get all my friends to watch it.

I've been so impressed with all the posts, comments and content here.... going to get me a while to get through it all.
A very noble mission you have there. I've infected several of my friends with LTROI, and they've all thanked me for it lol
Hit back. Hard.

Redlips

Post by Redlips » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:26 am

andmker wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:35 pm

Just wanted to drop a message and say "hi" and to express my joy at finding this forum. Let The Right One In is likely the best movie I have ever seen (I also enjoyed the book and to some extend the film remake Let Me In).

Its such a beautiful, haunting, gripping and intelligent masterpiece - but what really makes it special is the cast. Lina's talents are second to none - she can convey pain, mystery or joy and wonder in just her facial expressions. Kare Hedebrant plays a complex character so well and the chemistry between him and Lina is....well brilliant :)

I've spent hours going through the forum, enjoying reading and catching up with what you all have posted. Until now I had little luck in finding fans of LTROI, a few groups on FB that seem inactive and friends who have never heard of the movie (their loss).

Sorry for the hyper rant :D Just happy to find this amazing movie has such a following.
As a new member myself, I welcome you with open arms, and dripping fangs! And I second your emotion about the cast of this remarkable film! One of the thorns in my side is this: Neither one of these gifted young actors, (Lina Leandersson, (Eli) or Kare Hedebrant (Oskar) have made a film since they were teenagers, for nearly a decade, in fact. They seem to have sadly, moved on, although Miss Leandersson has done some theater in her native Sweden and occasionally makes the rounds of the horror convention circuit. What a BLOODY shame!

JToede

Post by JToede » Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:42 am

Redlips wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:26 am
andmker wrote:

As a new member myself, I welcome you with open arms, and dripping fangs! And I second your emotion about the cast of this remarkable film! One of the thorns in my side is this: Neither one of these gifted young actors, (Lina Leandersson, (Eli) or Kare Hedebrant (Oskar) have made a film since they were teenagers, for nearly a decade, in fact. They seem to have sadly, moved on, although Miss Leandersson has done some theater in her native Sweden and occasionally makes the rounds of the horror convention circuit. What a BLOODY shame!
Both of them done theater, and also a couple of Swedish short films about different topics concerning teens. Lina did a film called the Arbiter, and I think a few more.
P.S. Welcome aboard.
Veni, Vidi, volo in domum redire.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:32 pm

andmker wrote:

It's an enduring love affair among We, the Infected.
Welcome to the forum!
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

intrige

Post by intrige » Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:09 pm

I get your enthusiasm, and all though my inection is more mellow and life goes on, it is still there. Som welcome! To the both of you. :D
Oh and you are gonna come across at least two hands full of posts of mine with videoes long gone. My channel got deleted because I posted the entire LTROI movie on there, mighty stupid of me. So all my fanvids are gone. I have some of them on an external hardisk somewhere if you realllyy want me to reupload them. Tell me if you do :)
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

andmker

Post by andmker » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:07 pm

Thanks all :) Yeah I'm loving it here (still can't believe it took me so long to come across this place). Glad to be a part of the infected family.

I'd love you to upload any LRTOI content (or reupload). The more the better (I'm still trying to get through the wealth of information here, but yeah I have came across a few dead links and so forth).

I have a friend in Germany who I finally managed to convince to watch the movie. She got back to me and said that she cried (because it was good ;) ) She is now recommending it to her friends so it is still doing it's rounds in the world lol.

intrige

Post by intrige » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:57 pm

Long ago I did manage to get a friend whom I showed the movie to join the forum. Wild times it was! And I showed my then 12yo niece it and she loved it! She is 20 now and to this day she says LTROI is her favorite movie.We bonded greatly over loving it, and I promised her a trip to Blackeberg one day, a few months ago we talked about places we want to visit, and she sais Blackeberg cause I promised, even though it had been years since we talked about it last. Oh and ofc, if I ever bring up the movie or the book to my BFF or mom and dad, they'll roll there eyes and say here we go again. Made old LTROI fanvids with my bff the summer of 2011. Until the 22 july hit (a tragedy in norway's history), it was the best summer of my life. And of course the wonderful friends I made here, some of them formed what kind of adult I am today, like gkmoberg and ingenting_ing. I think about them and their families to this day, and would still see them as life long friends. I have a swedish eddition of the boo with it's original cover, as keepsake. From when I went to stocholm. I almost went to a norwegian play, to sleep over at an fellow inefcted's house. but my funds werelow and I was too young and scared to go. They still held out a seat for me, with my name on it for opening night. One of my life's regrets is not going. So meny memories.

I'll see if I find them tomorrow, but I know I don't have them all.
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

Return to “Let The Right One In (Film)”