Deleted Scenes

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Låt den rätte komma in
ricky989

Deleted Scenes

Post by ricky989 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:46 pm

Hello all!

I am currently editing a version of LTROI with the deleted scenes, just for a bit of a project to do. Does anyone know where the scenes were supposed to be inserted in the original film? Or maybe where they *could* go?

Hope everyone is doing well and not getting infected ;)

gkmoberg1

Re: Deleted Scenes

Post by gkmoberg1 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:08 pm

I'm going with placing the slap scene at or near the end of the scene where Eli lets Oskar into her apartment but then shuts the inner glass door.

The bathroom scene is the next I'm thinking about. I think it would go near the scene where Oskar is backed up into a wall and the bully flicks his nose with a finger. There is near that point a quick shot of a bathroom door lock being turned into position.

What are your inclinations?

Siggdalos

Post by Siggdalos » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:05 pm

gkmoberg1 wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:08 pm
I'm going with placing the slap scene at or near the end of the scene where Eli lets Oskar into her apartment but then shuts the inner glass door.
Agreed. It's the only scene where Oskar and Eli are in Eli's apartment and wearing the same clothes as in the fight scene (the blue and red shirt, respectively), so it's the only place where that scene could logically go. I would put it after Oskar accuses Eli of taking money from his victims (which is what triggers the fight in the book).
The bathroom scene is the next I'm thinking about. I think it would go near the scene where Oskar is backed up into a wall and the bully flicks his nose with a finger. There is near that point a quick shot of a bathroom door lock being turned into position.
The bathroom door is from a few scenes later when Oskar is hiding from Conny and the others. I'm guessing that, originally, the bullies found him hiding there and thus the deleted bathroom scene played out.

As for the other deleted scenes, I would put the bulleribock one right before the kiosk scene, and probably insert the part where Virginia throws up the wine in-between her waking up and her discovering the bite marks on her neck.
De höll om varandra i tystnad. Oskar blundade och visste: detta var det största. Ljuset från lyktan i portvalvet trängde svagt in genom hans slutna ögonlock, la en hinna av rött för hans ögon. Det största.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:05 pm

Welcome ricky989. I'm glad you joined us, and I can see you fit right in.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

ricky989

Post by ricky989 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:12 pm

Forgot I was doing this project with getting a new job.. but going to re-start it and try and get an edit done tomorrow! I also made a fancy new cover for a blu-ray sleeve I thought people would be interested in seeing!

https://imgur.com/a/JHN4B0r

Siggdalos

Post by Siggdalos » Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:19 pm

That looks very nice. Wasn't sure what I thought about the title design at first, but it's an interesting way of incorporating both the Swedish and English names.
De höll om varandra i tystnad. Oskar blundade och visste: detta var det största. Ljuset från lyktan i portvalvet trängde svagt in genom hans slutna ögonlock, la en hinna av rött för hans ögon. Det största.

Jessy7217

Post by Jessy7217 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:21 pm

ricky989 wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:12 pm
Forgot I was doing this project with getting a new job.. but going to re-start it and try and get an edit done tomorrow! I also made a fancy new cover for a blu-ray sleeve I thought people would be interested in seeing!

What is blu mig lite? Did you ever get it done?

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:45 pm

Jessy7217 wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:21 pm
ricky989 wrote:

"Bli mig lite" is Swedish usually rendered as "be me for a little while". It's what Eli said to Oskar after she'd walked into his living room without an invitation and started bleeding everywhere.
Fais tomber les barrières entre nous qui sommes tous des frères

Jessy7217

Post by Jessy7217 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:56 pm

sauvin wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:45 pm
Jessy7217 wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:21 pm
ricky989 wrote:

"Bli mig lite" is Swedish usually rendered as "be me for a little while". It's what Eli said to Oskar after she'd walked into his living room without an invitation and started bleeding everywhere.
Thank you. I tend to not catch that, every time, due to paying more attention to the character's face. That's one of my favorite scenes.

Siggdalos

Post by Siggdalos » Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:02 pm

sauvin wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:45 pm
The literal translation would be "Become me [for] a little [while]".

In the English translation of the book and the Magnolia subtitles in the film it's rendered as "Be me a little". The theatrical subtitles use "Be me, for a little while".

Return to “Let The Right One In (Film)”