Tomas Alfredson reunites with TTSS screenwriter for 'Europa'

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
CyberGhostface

Tomas Alfredson reunites with TTSS screenwriter for 'Europa'

Post by CyberGhostface » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:52 am

https://deadline.com/2021/06/tinker-tai ... 234771126/
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy writer Peter Straughan and director Tomas Alfredson will turn the best-selling novels into an eight-part series, titled Europa, which will be co-produced by Seven Stories, the All3Media-backed production company founded by Girl With A Pearl Earring producer Anand Tucker.

Hutchinson has written four Fractured Europe Sequence books since 2014. The series is set in a near-future Europe, which has splintered into countless tiny nation-states after being ravaged by a pandemic and economic decay.
No banaaaanas?

Jameron

Re: Tomas Alfredson reunites with TTSS screenwriter for 'Europa'

Post by Jameron » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:19 am

This is great news.

Might it even stir up interest in Alfredson and Straughan revisiting the Le Carrié adaptations?

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

danielmann861

Re: Tomas Alfredson reunites with TTSS screenwriter for 'Europa'

Post by danielmann861 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:09 pm

Jameron wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:19 am
This is great news.

Might it even stir up interest in Alfredson and Straughan revisiting the Le Carrié adaptations?

Last I heard there were talks of Smiley's People becoming a TV mini series (again) with Gary Oldman reprising the role. But I don't know what happened with that. I'm still holding out hope even if that happens they may reach out to Alfredson yet again. But I don't know if anything more is happening there.

Return to “Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy”