Scene With Love Promotion

For discussion of live productions of Let The Right One In
Wolfchild

Scene With Love Promotion

Post by Wolfchild » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:02 am

How many people here would buy a ticket for £11 (about $17US, $17Aus, 110SEK) to the LTROI stage play and donate the seat to a youth in Dundee, Scotland?

I was really jealous of Nightrider's brilliant idea of having someone send him a program from the Nord-Trøndelag stage production of LTROI. I really wish I had thought of it, too. Then, when I saw that tickets for National Theatre of Scotland production were only £9, I thought maybe I could get ticket as a nice bit of memorabilia. I contacted the venue in Dundee and they said that for an additional £2 donation to cover postage, they be happy to mail the ticket across the globe to me, and they would include a flier for the production as well.

So then I got to thinking even further (this can happen if there is no one around to stop me) about how it would be a shame to leave an empty seat in the theater, so I hatched a little plot. I proposed to the National Theatre of Scotland that if any of The Infected were interested in having tickets as a keepsake, we would buy tickets but donate the actual seats. The seats could be donated to students in a local high school drama program or something similar. I called the idea the Scene With Love Promotion. This way, we get a nice bit of memorabilia, the Dundee Rep gets tickets sales and a full house, and we get a chance to spread The Infection among the young and impressionable. :)

The folks at NTS like this idea. They would be willing to coordinate the donation of seats in Dundee, and they would like to know how many people would be willing to participate in this idea.

I myself will probably buy one or two tickets regardless of whether this promotion takes off or not.

If you will participate, please respond to this thread or PM me.
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

PeteMork

Re: Scene With Love Promotion

Post by PeteMork » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:34 am

Count me in for three tickets. What a wonderful idea!
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

gattoparde59

Post by gattoparde59 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:34 am

I'll take two. :)

I'll break open the story and tell you what is there. Then, like the others that have fallen out onto the sand, I will finish with it, and the wind will take it away.

Nisa

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:04 am

I can buy two.

Daniel Ether

Post by Daniel Ether » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:04 am

Nice! I'm in with two tickets! :)

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:48 pm

Brilliant idea.

I'll take one.

PS. "Scene With Love" <---genius :wub:

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

EEA

Post by EEA » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:18 am

What a sweet idea. :) Count me in. I want two tickets. :wub:

Opeth

Post by Opeth » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:04 am

I'm keen to get my hands on one, great idea!

NTS_Eve

Post by NTS_Eve » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:05 pm

I'm really touched by everyone who has come forward to help support young folks to go and see the show. It's fantastic testament to the power of community!

I’ve shared the intentions of the project with my team at National Theatre of Scotland. They are really excited about the project and are chatting to press to help share the good news of your fantastic spirit.

With help from our friends at Dundee Rep, where LTROI will be performed, we've identified local schools we think would benefit from the generosity of the forum.

We're really proud to help support the forum in sharing their love for LTROI in such a proactive way. We'll keep you up to date about who will be receiving your donated seats and how we can do all the technical bits and pieces of processing your gifts.

Thanks again, you guys are awesome! :wub:
The forum's eyes and ears during rehearsals for the new stage adaptation of Let The Right One In presented by the National Theatre of Scotland. Be part of it - viewtopic.php?f=31&t=6927&start=30#p96011

Return to “Let The Right One In (Play)”