LTROI - National Theatre of Scotland (Seoul, S.Korea) - April/May/June 2020

For discussion of live productions of Let The Right One In
gkmoberg1

LTROI - National Theatre of Scotland (Seoul, S.Korea) - April/May/June 2020

Post by gkmoberg1 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:04 pm

National Theatre of Scotland continues their international tour of 'Let The Right One In' this coming April in Seoul, South Korea, with an all new Korean cast.

https://www.nationaltheatrescotland.com ... right-one/

gkmoberg1

Re: LTROI - National Theatre of Scotland (Seoul, S.Korea) - April/May/June 2020

Post by gkmoberg1 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:13 pm

Anyone familiar with Korean or familiar with Seoul? I will need help spotting material for this performance :)

JToede

Post by JToede » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:46 am

gkmoberg1 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:13 pm
Anyone familiar with Korean or familiar with Seoul? I will need help spotting material for this performance :)
I spent 6 months in Seoul, but it's a big city and my Korean is bad, but from google maps it looks like the theater is near the Gangmam area(yes, as in gangman style, the rich part of the city). Thanks, now I am all hungry for Korean food.
Veni, Vidi, volo in domum redire.

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:55 am

JToede wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:46 am
gkmoberg1 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:13 pm
I spent 6 months in Seoul, but it's a big city and my Korean is bad, but from google maps it looks like the theater is near the Gangmam area(yes, as in gangman style, the rich part of the city). Thanks, now I am all hungry for Korean food.
I'm a novice at Korean food. The only thing I know I have had is BiBim Bap. But each time it's been different. So I really don't know what to expect.

What do you suggest? Has to be something I can find here that would be largely representative of what I would find there.

JToede

Post by JToede » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:37 pm

I always liked bulgogi, it was my go to favorite, yaki mandu- it's like pot stickers. I liked cucumber kimchi. A lot of rice, gimbap (sushi type roll), and a lot of sea food. Just stay away from soju.
Veni, Vidi, volo in domum redire.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:04 am

I was in Korea for 16 months in 1960-61, mostly in Seoul. The Seoul I enjoyed no longer exists in this Pacific-Rim Tiger. I miss Korean tearooms the most.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Pissball

Post by Pissball » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:57 pm

NTS became the Hammer of plays, no chances to see a different stage adaptation other than the Jack Thorne's :think:

I don't know how the theatre business is, but I guess they have the rights for stage play, while (i don't know who, Hammer? that guy Carl Molinder?) has the screen rights, and I suppose JAL (or his publisher) has the book rights now? right?
Well actually screen/tv producers borrow the book's rights for adaptations, and the last one was the failed tv intent by some american production company.

Return to “Let The Right One In (Play)”